Thread: The secret location

The secret location

The Wave! I didn't know where to post this but since everyone here knows what and where The Wave is, I thought this would be the right place.

As reported on Yahoo -- One of the lucky few ....:

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/snapsho...329423423.html

"Photographer Simon Byrne was one of the lucky few given the secret location of a stunning sandstone formation called The Wave. Simon needed a special permit before he was given "rough guidelines" to find the phenomenon in a remote area of Arizona. Located somewhere in the 112,500 acre Paria Canyon-Vermilion Cliffs Wilderness, the Wave is near the Arizona and Utah border on the slopes of the Coyote Buttes. (Simon Byrne/Rex USA"

They obviously haven't been paying attention to Bogley.
    Life is Good

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Just don't post a name and coordinates, that place would get all torn to shit

I suppose it might be a secret if you don't know where it is. Perhaps its would be more accurate to consider how well kept the secret is or isn't.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Whoooaaaa......I hope this secret spot never catches on.

Looks like a super cool place!

The saddest part is I think it now takes about 1 yr. reservations for the right time of year to even get a permit. The cooler seasons.
    I live in a community that is just full of blue hairs but they have the right to this as well.
    It is worth doing once even if crowded.
    I took my mom in about 2 years ago and I'm glad I did. I don't think she could do it now.

She had a great time and it was pushing the hiking limits for her at 78.

Life is good and life is fare if you try. This was after she had a heart attack when she was 72.
    She wont be around much longer and I'm glad I had this hike with her.
    Early morn in Sept.

This gets me on my soapbox! I HATE the "limited permit, we will tell you if you can go to this public land" type of thing. Sometimes I really wonder about its benefit. It is like up here I go into Yellowstone quite a bit. When entering from West Yellowstone one will quickly drive by an Eagle nest near the road. It will be coned off with signs telling everyone to stay back 100 meters or something like that because it is an Eagle Nest area. This restriction draws mucho attention and every spring there will be gaggles of people parked and walking up to the buffer zone. These same people may have driven by several such nests in plain view in Island Park or along the South Fork of the Snake but had no interest in stopping. The "protection" helps create the attraction. I don't think the permits are necessarily bringing a larger crowd to the Wave, but the "we aren't letting you into your own public area to protect it from you" thing just gets me fired up. And I still have my doubts about the cost (not monetary) vs benefit. I haven't seen them, but would guess there are several threads on here about this subject.

Photographer Simon Byrne was one of the lucky few given the secret location of a stunning sandstone formation called The Wave. Simon needed a special permit before he was given "rough guidelines" to find the phenomenon in a remote area of Arizona
    Saw that on Yahoo as well and had to laugh.

Looks like a super cool place!
    ...well unknown, hidden and hard to find

Looks like a "super amazing" location.