Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Arch Rope Swing

Corona Arch Rope Swing

Looks fun. Think it would leave any rope grooves on the arch?

Behind the scenes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

These guys have some awesome/crazy videos. Did you see the water jet pack one? And the human sling shot slip n slide might be my favorite one.... that might have been on here at some point... awesome.

I have climbed with these guys before and they are awesome! And yes in one of the previous videos they made it showed the grooves left in the rock, but a lot of people repel from it so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by jdgibney View Post
    These guys have some awesome/crazy videos. Did you see the water jet pack one? And the human sling shot slip n slide might be my favorite one.... that might have been on here at some point... awesome.
    Wow, all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

Blog Entries
    I wonder if they stole the idea from xxxnitsuaxxx's group. They posted their video like 6+ months ago.

Hmmmmmmmm
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Do you have a video link for theirs?

I remember seeing this one a few months back.
    http://youtu.be/7xm_PIQ6_hQ

I believe this would be the thread: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...93-Fall-Forces
    And this would be the post:

Fall Forces?

Some buddies of mine set up a rope swing off of Corona and I'm trying to figure out what sort of fall forces they're putting on the ropes. They rigged the ropes to the anchor on one side of Corona and then jumped off the other side, ending in a massive pendulum. (See the jump around 1:00) I've never taken a factor-2 fall (knock on wood) but I understand the concept. Since they're falling below the anchor, are they taking a factor-2 fall? Or does the fact that they're not taking a true whipper and instead mostly taking a pendulum mitigate the force? I'd appreciate any geeking out that y'all could do for me.

You May All Go To Hell And I Will Go To Texas
    By the way, I believe that xxxnitsuaxxx owes us all photos from his Heaps trip. There should be appropriate punishment for not attaching photos to a trip report. I propose that an appropriate punishment is the offender has to buy brews for bogleyites who show up at the Bit and Spur the evening before the NPS opens the Narrows for the season.

Ken

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    First video

Okay secretly I would love swing that high if I new I was safe!

Second video... LIKE OMG!!! He proposed!!! The girly girl in me is all What a fun proposal.
    Chere'

These are both from my group. We had to make multiple trips to get the footage Devin needed for the big video (the new one). We put the first video up just as a teaser. xxnitsuaxx is Austin. So I'm the guy who proposed!! Like Watsonater says, there are already a bunch of rope grooves up there from rappellers. We use a beefy, hard rubber hose as a rope protector though; so I think we leave fewer rope grooves than the rappellers. Ken - you're absolutely right. What kind of moron leaves a TR with no pics?! I'll fix that tomorrow.

PS - Watson...is this Nick?! We're hitting a canyon on Monday; want to come?

Quote Originally Posted by xxnitsuaxx View Post
    xxnitsuaxx is Austin. So I'm the guy who proposed!!
    Nice! Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by xxnitsuaxx View Post
    So I'm the guy who proposed!!
    Congratulations man! It is definitely the most spectacular proposal I've ever seen. Fantastic!
    Now make super-sure that the both of you stay safe together during these kind of activities! And the rest of the people as well of course!

The rope-swing itself is awesome and insane...

Dang, in the making of video where the guy slips and nearly fell to his death, thats would have really ruined the entire thing. Spooky!!!!!

Devin (the guy who made the video) really played the whole "slip" up. My brother (the kid in the video) could have done a front somersault and rolled 15 feet and he'd still have been fine. Devin just wanted to make compelling video and hopefully scare some people away from trying it

Yeah it's me Nick . Yeah I wanna come! Where are you guys going

Nice video work and boy does that look fun!

--->Not a climber.....

What do you guys think about what Petzl had to say on FB? Are they just covering their butts or is this a legitimate concern?

"We noticed this recent and very popular video. We would like to express our fear of accidents with this activity, if you look closely there is numerous points of friction of the ropes on the rock, which could lead to damage on the ropes and potential rupture. This is not a good example of a safe rigging and safe behavior."
    Let's Roll

No where near the longest swing. Dan Osman did a bunch of much much longer stuff, before one of his killed him...

Quality video. Kinda silly stunt, methinks. All fun and games until someone gets an eye poked out...ha ha...

22. Likes ndonaldj liked this post