Thread: Biking Poetry

Biking Poetry

Biking poetry by @jinx

T'was dark as evil last night as I leaned hard into the right hand turn somewhere in warren. The cool of the dense, night air left a mist in my lungs and a drizzle on my beard. The street was quiet, only the muffled bawl of cattle in the fields could be heard over the low hum of my tires as they rolled across the pavement. In an effort to gain speed after the slow corner, I rose up out of the saddle standing on the pedals each in turn as the crank spun resentfully beneath me. My quads ached with strain, screaming for relief as my beating heart pumped lactic acid through my fiery veins. Just past the "point of no return" I notice a gaping black hole appear through the darkness. I am frozen, stuck in time at that very micro second where brains visualize tragedy before bodies can respond. Rattled from toes to teeth I found myself sitting on the toptube, crotch against the stem, feet dragging behind me through the tall grass. With one hand on the grip and the other on the downtube I rolled to a complete stop. My initial inspection showed no visible damage, but when pedaling away it was obvious that my ride had suffered a crippling blow. After struggling home to a better light source it was apparent that my scary fast fixed gear had met its terminal destruction. The headtube is no longer parallel to the seat tube causing the fork and front tire to lean to the right a good 10 degrees. Better it than me though, I pulled through unblemished. Theres one less horse in my stable tonight and a hole the size of a 700cc wheel in my heart.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement