Thread: Anti-Gun Group Begins "Brew Not Bullets" Starbucks Boycott

Anti-Gun Group Begins "Brew Not Bullets" Starbucks Boycott

As promised, an anti-gun group began a boycott of Starbucks on Valentine's Day over the chain's gun policy -- or rather, its lack of a gun policy.

The CEO of the National Gun Victims Action Council (NGAC) said he tried to avoid the "Brew Not Bullets" boycott, but Starbucks would not budge on its stance.

"The boycott will end only when Starbucks rejects the NRA's Pro-Gun agenda by 1) banning all guns from their stores and 2) committing to be an Aggressive Corporate Advocate for sane gun laws," NGAC CEO Elliot Fineman said in a news release.

Starbucks' gun policy is simply that is abides by local laws, saying "In the end, we determined that following local laws is the best approach for us. Were we to adopt a policy different from local laws allowing open carry, we would be forced to require our partners to ask law abiding customers to leave our stores."

But Fineman isn't buying that explanation.

"As local laws also allow them to ban guns, they expose their real position which has nothing to do with local laws; the fact is that Starbucks supports the NRA's lethal Pro-Gun Agenda," he said.

NGAC is asking supporters to send an email to Starbucks, which reads in part:

I support the Valentine’s Day launch of the BREW not BULLETS: Say no to Starbucks Boycott. I will not visit Starbucks stores or buy any Starbucks products wherever they are sold until your company joins other national chains — including Disney, IKEA, California Pizza Kitchen and others — in banning handguns and assault rifles from your stores and becoming an advocate for sane gun laws. Thousands of people have petitioned, asked at your shareholder meeting, and appealed directly to your Board to ban guns in your stores. Your refusal is a vote for the NRA and their lethal pro-gun agenda!

Source: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...rbucks-boycott

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

What a joke, a criminal does'nt check their gun at the door if there's a no gun policy posted at the entrance. You might as well call it a criminal invitation. Face it gun free properties promote killing sprees. Nut jobs look for the best place that will give them the biggest amount of success (murders) when they conduct their final act shooting sprees, and non secure gun free zones present that to them in a nicely wrapped package. Look at the examples; Trolley Square, Virginia Tech, etc.... I think the anti gun crowd knows this, because god forbid a concealed firearm carrier saves the day and thwarts a much larger and devistating act of violence.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

LOL I don't support Starbucks at all, $4 coffee is ridiculous IMO. But in this case I will make a huge exception. There is nothing wrong with abiding by local laws.

If anyone has any followup info, I would be curious to know how successful these hippies are on their "campaign". Couple thousand signatures doesn't even sound remarkable to me for a global company like Starbucks.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Looks like I won't be shopping at Ikea anymore, won't be eating at Cal Pizza and reconsider buying any more Disney movies in the future (my kids might over rule me).

So it all comes down to if Starbucks will support "sane gun laws". Good luck nailing that definition down.

I'm not Starbucks-lover but what's the harm in obeying the local laws? I may just stop in for a Starbucks later...

Dirty Politics.
    Just like Uncle Sam shoving crap down my throat all the time and trying to tell me it's just chocolate pudding.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I used to be a huge fan (and stockholder) of Starbucks. About 2-3 years ago, I lost interest, sold my stock and stopped being a regular customer. I started to frequent the local coffee houses. Sadly, Starbucks shut most of them down.. not sure how, since SB was more expensive than the local places.

I heard this news on Saturday and have been hitting SB in the hopes of seeing hippies protesting (no joy). I'm not only a huge gun nut, but happily support the right to bear arms, CCW permits, etc (hence my avatar).

Sadly, my usual $3 LATTE has cost me about $6/day lately due to hitting the local SB locations! Is this a SB marketing thing to drum up business?
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce