Midget Rattler
    Big Rattlesnake Canyon
    Five for the Drive
    Six Appeal
    Fixed Big Tony / Sleepy Hollow labeling
    Observation Point Canyon
    Dos Bolsas Cajones
    Eastern Sun

I've also deleted a few superfluous markers and tightened up the placement of several others.

Enjoy!

2. Likes jman liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    by Rattlesnake Canyon, do you mean BIG Rattlesnake Canyon?

T

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    by Rattlesnake Canyon, do you mean BIG Rattlesnake Canyon?
    Yes. Fixed!

wow, this map is awesome, thanks so much. I imported the kml file into basecamp, reexported as gpx and now have all these coordinates in basecamp and on my etrex30. very cool. I wonder how long it will take me to do all these

7. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    This map is insane !!! There are enough canyons on here to keep ones self busy for a lifetime !!!

9. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    Glad to see the canyon map is still going strong. I am the developer of Gmap4 which is an enhanced Google map viewer that is displaying the map.

I noticed on the first page of the thread it says:
    "Click on the 't1 Terrain' tab in the upper right hand corner, scroll down to 'Earth' and click that. There will be a prompt that asks you to install a small plug-in. Install the plug-in. Google Earth will then appear with all the labeled markers."

Since Google has removed that plug-in, I recommend that the above text be deleted. Note that Gmap4 no longer has a choice for "Earth" under the basemap button.

Joseph

11. Likes Slot Machine, Sombeech liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Glad to see the canyon map is still going strong. I am the developer of Gmap4 which is an enhanced Google map viewer that is displaying the map.

I noticed on the first page of the thread it says:
    "Click on the 't1 Terrain' tab in the upper right hand corner, scroll down to 'Earth' and click that. There will be a prompt that asks you to install a small plug-in. Install the plug-in. Google Earth will then appear with all the labeled markers."

Since Google has removed that plug-in, I recommend that the above text be deleted. Note that Gmap4 no longer has a choice for "Earth" under the basemap button.

Joseph
    @Joseph ,

Thanks for the update. I will be sure to fix that.

Since you've stopped by, I've gotta give credit where credit is due- your software has added a lot to this project. Did you know that this thread has generated more traffic than any other thread in the canyoneering world (even the crappy forums where you have to click twice to see what you are looking for)? Part of the reason is that your software works great on desktops AND portable devices.

SO, THANK YOU FOR CREATING SUCH DAMN GOOD SOFTWARE! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

-Bob

13. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Got an updated coordinate for the drop in on DDI. The head of the canyon is about 100' up canyon from my point, but there's nothing interesting except a hard to anchor drop that can't? be downclimbed. This coordinate is right on the tree that you rappel in at and since the route finding there is a little tricky this one is a little better than the one you have.

N37 26' 21.8" W111 03' 48.9"

15. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBoy View Post
    Got an updated coordinate for the drop in on DDI. The head of the canyon is about 100' up canyon from my point, but there's nothing interesting except a hard to anchor drop that can't? be downclimbed. This coordinate is right on the tree that you rappel in at and since the route finding there is a little tricky this one is a little better than the one you have.

N37 26' 21.8" W111 03' 48.9"
    Thanks Tom, I'll update that on the next version. Plus I'll add BFS. Plus I'll change Scorpion West to SOS.

What does a guy have to do to get an SOS trip report around here??

17. Likes TommyBoy liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    What does a guy have to do to get an SOS trip report around here??
    Aaron wants to do the write up on SOS and since I was invited along on their trip I thought it would be polite to wait.

19. Likes Sombeech, ratagonia, Slot Machine, jman liked this post