Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The Super Amazing Canyoneering Map

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    FWIW - All the Powell Canyons were descended long before 'canyoneering' was a 'sport'.
    Ha ha...nice clickbait. :-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post
    Ha ha...nice clickbait. :-)
    Think about this, the entire shoreline of the reservoir had to be surveyed before Glen Canyon Dam could be built.

I've talked to many of the original survey crews and they have some incredible 'canyoneering' stories to tell, except they just call them 'work' stories.

Anyhoo... It's interesting to ponder.

Think about this, the entire shoreline of the reservoir had to be surveyed before Glen Canyon Dam could be built.
    Sure, but the slot action nowadays is above the shoreline. No doubt there was some amazing exploration done during the survey, and equally certain that most of the tougher slots were not fully explored until relatively recently.

Yeah you're right, none of the hard slots were done before the "Great Ones" (tm) discovered canyoneering on Lake Powell. And I'm sure the lake only covered all the easy slots and no hard slots.

***Shakes head as he slowly kicks a can down the road***

Yeah you're right, none of the hard slots were done before the "Great Ones" (tm) discovered canyoneering on Lake Powell. And I'm sure the lake only covered all the easy slots and no hard slots.

***Shakes head as he slowly kicks a can down the road***
    <sigh> i'm just a sucker for your clickbait :-)