Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music Trivia Contest

Music Trivia Contest

Hey All --

I did some more work on my trivia website and recently added a "name that tune" section. So, I thought it was fine time to have some people test it out, so I posted this on Facebook and thought I would pass it on to you guys too:

To celebrate the Grammys, check out this week's contest on my trivia site. Play "Listen Up!" to see how well you know pop music -- everything from Debbie Harry to Katy Perry.

The top score by 2/16 will win a $10 Amazon Gift Card!

www.junkino.com
    Try it out if you guys get a chance. I hope you have fun... and let me know if you spot any problems.

- Jamal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Coolest game ever! Thanks for the time killer and another addiction.
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

Once again thank you for killing any thoughts of productivity for my day :) Great stuff, j!

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgibney View Post
    Once again thank you for killing any thoughts of productivity for my day :) Great stuff, j!
    X2

Love it!
    Chere'

So here's what I've concluded: Anything after 1999, I'm terrible with, I have a hard time telling the difference between REO Speedwagon/Chicago and Air Supply, and if it makes my ears bleed, its Katy Perry

A coworker and I tag teamed that thing for about 2 hours yesterday and still fell short of Udink. We both decided that we hate his guts. Oh, and who in the hell is Mumford and Sons?
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

Quote Originally Posted by bbennett View Post
    A coworker and I tag teamed that thing for about 2 hours yesterday and still fell short of Udink. We both decided that we hate his guts. Oh, and who in the hell is Mumford and Sons?
    bluegrass, folk, rock band from London. They're decent, they've exploded in the last year or so
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xd8tOAJMA8Q

A coworker and I tag teamed that thing for about 2 hours yesterday and still fell short of Udink. We both decided that we hate his guts.
    Hah, if it wasn't for Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, et al, I think I'd be doing even better.
    Blog | FB

Mumford and Sons is a great band!

Anything football related is killing me. And why so much on Natalie Portman.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by Udink View Post
    Hah, if it wasn't for Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, et al, I think I'd be doing even better.
    Me too, bud. Thanks for letting me hold the lead for a few minutes last night

You guys continue to impress me -- I really didn't think the scores would go that high with such a variety of music.

According to the stats so far...

The hardest songs/artists to recognize:
    - The Fray "How to Save a Life"
    - Nelly Furtado "Promiscuous"
    - Chicago "Love Me Tomorrow"
    - Supertramp "Breakfast in America"
    - Re-Flex "The Politics of Dancing"

The easiest songs to ID:
    - Billy Joel "Piano Man"
    - Billy Squire "The Stroke"
    - Aerosmith "Love in an Elevator"
    - Hall & Oates "Kiss on My List"
    - Foreigner "Hot Blooded"

BTW -- I'm really sorry if you experience any difficulties. I've had a few reports of buffering problems and a "undefined" problem where the question doesn't load. That's why I love people testing and I hope to get this stuff fixed asap!

Thanks for playing!

- Jamal

Thanks for putting it together, Jamal!

Thanks for putting it together, Jamal!
    X2
    Chere'

aaaaaaaaaand thanks Dennis for putting the top spot out of reach so I can stop putting off my work for the day

Sorry, I had some time to kill on my lunch break. While I was at it, I finally grabbed the top spot in the Sudden Death/Everything category.
    Blog | FB

bluegrass, folk, rock band from London. They're decent, they've exploded in the last year or so
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xd8tOAJMA8Q
    Oh yeah, I've heard those guys! I don't know that I've ever heard the name though. Thanks for the link

Sorry, I had some time to kill on my lunch break. While I was at it, I finally grabbed the top spot in the Sudden Death/Everything category.
    I saw that! Why don't you kick my dog while you're at it? good stuff, man!

Ugh. I cannot tell the difference between REO Speedwagan, Air Supply, Chicago, Boston, Journey, and foreigner. Gets me every single time!

I was however able to set the bar pretty high in the picture category. Nice little website ya got there man.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Glad you guys are having fun. I have some family members who are pretty bummed about seeing their records fall!

BTW -- I fixed one issue with Listen Up! and buffering. Not sure it's 100% -- but in general it should wait for the song to start before starting the timer. There might still be some hiccups when bandwidth is tight, but it should be better. Hope it helps.

Thanks,
    - Jamal

Gave you something to work on today