Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anybody here done the TAT?

Has anybody here done the TAT?

Great western ,CDC or?

Seems to me if we can just put 2 weeks aside we have the group for a ride of a life time dirt wise. BOGLEY CRUSADERS.

Any thoughts?

Wild hairs ?
    or original ideas?

Maybe the pony express or Oregan trail or?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Maybe just start small with a 4 or 5 hundred mile outing of something?

BUT all DIRT BABY! With the gas and food and repair with in our reach.

These kind of trips take years for most to plan and make work but it may be done in sections that some can make and this is something that you can never take away from time on this planet.

Most of you have young families so 2 weeks may be out of the question but most can take a week to live the dream.

Say we put together a week at a time through out the years and try to make it so maybe next season we can pick up were we left off or basically any and all ideas are worth trying.

Shoot it would even be cool to hit the family thing up somewhere at like half way along to end things in a possitive note.
    THe kids will never forget and well I think that's how it goes for all.

OR maybe just small vacation style 4-5 dayers

I'm down. Wr needs some love. She's turning into a garage queen

Plan it and they will come...

You have an idea, post it. We are all in this for a lifetime. Most will try to make the big ride. I am one of those people who will try to make it happen. The further out you plan it, the better turn out.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Well then
    I think once we get all the big probs worked out like when you can not leave home for home reasons then dates tend to fall in place a little easier.
    Sound about right?
    Families tend to get bent when daddy is not home for special dates.
    And most can not take the time off less it comes with in holidays for vacation time and all.

This will by no means be an easy thing to do but it can be done by trial and air till we get the bugs worked out as best as humanly possible.

But I'm getting way ahead of myself.
    First things first.
    THe ride, How far, best time of year for said ride ect.

Maybe try one that is a big ride but a reasonable one to start with. Say 5-9 days or so.
    Something that can be done say this year for starters.

I think the time frame is a good starting place.
    The logistics. cost, self rescue due to a blown up bike. Medical emergencies, The costs of getting your ride ready for such an event.
    Gear, fuel locations and a ton of things that would need to be worked out 110%.

Hell just getting into shape to ride dirt for a week or two is a task that most will have a hard time with.
    Tires were and how along the route. Oils changes. GPS cords for work arounds just cause nothing ever goes as planned.
    Is there anyone in the group that has special medical needs due to an illness.
    Weather another biggy if in flash flood country or worse clay after a 5 day down poor.

And the tons of things that we are not even thinking of right now.

So let us get started with time frame first then we can hammer the little things out as we go.

Gas at Spirit Lake Lodge?
    Never mind they don't but I did talk to the owner John and he can supply a few 5gln. cans for us if needed.
    web site is http://www.spiritlakeutah.com/index.html Cabins for 6 is like 160 a night.
    It's about 120 miles from hwy 150 by the bear river ranger station to spirit lake lodge. There are cabin rentals at the lodge.
    I was thinking if we could set up a base camp at East Fork Blacks Fork it will shave 24 miles of this with an area that has some good fishing and you used to watch the elk come down to the river in the eve to water. Have not been to this area since 83.
    Anyone know of dirt routes from manilla or Flaming Gorge into WY. going north and then west towards ID.?

Cabins? Hell, let's camp...wussies.

July-August might be best for that area...

Anyone ever heard of the tour of Idaho?

Www.motorcycle jazz.com

I'm going to ride this in early August. Can't Waite!!!

I think it's be great to put together something like this for Utah, if such a thing is even possible.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?v3k41z

Man that tour of Idaho looks extreme.
    Utah can be done and I think you can run from Lake Powell to Bear lake.
    If on the NV. / Ut area gas gets a little tricky and may be the same in places along the CO./Ut. border as well.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

A few years ago jarrod and I looked hard at a multi day trek along the great western trail. It's supposedly a gorgeous ride from the Bryce area all the way up to i70. We eventually did something else because the route goes over boulder mtn and it was a big snow year. From what I understand most of the route is pretty well marked in central Utah.

Another option is the Spanish trail. It winds thru southern Utah, Nevada, and the mojave in California. The mint 400 runs partly on this route. The parts south of Vegas and through the mojave into baker are stunning. Could be a good option if we can't get it set up till later in the year.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I'll plan this or plan it with mtn seeker. Let's first determine a rough time frame and preferred location.

Another trip I'd like to check interest on is a canyonlands/Moab trip. My main goal is for those of us with plated bikes to ride the white rim trail. It's supposed to be a lifetime trip. It'll take a day. We could then spend the next couple of days riding the Moab area. Would be fun to do a dirt bike & mtn. bike trip.....

Let me know what you guys think.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

In for a white rim ride for sure.

ditto...

Glen has done WRT on mtn bikes...

I emailed the canyon lands ranger station. I am planning a white rim trail in April with my dad and younger brother. They said that they only like groups of 3 dirtbikers at a time. I am not sure if this is a rule that is strictly enforced.

Has anyone done the white rim trail on a dirtbike? Anything we should be aware of?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?kqvdy3

Ya I've heard of this three rider rule before but I've heard that guys with bigger groups just stager it out to 20-30 min.
    I've heard of guys trying without street tags and most are getting away with it as long as it's not one of the big weekends but still some are getting ticketed also.

So here's an idea just for giggles and grins.
    I think you can do Page to Escalante by way of the Smokey Mtn. Road. I do believe there would be a ferry ride involved if you actually start at Page. But it might offer secured parking.
    I did Escalante to Loa last summer but it is a push without the desert tank. Went up North Creek to the Hells back Bone rd then a few turn offs to get over the pass and over to Loa.
    Great camping areas up there with some good fishing. That's were my avatar was taken.

I think from Loa you might be able to get over to Black Dragon Cyn. then over to Richfield. Then the highline from there if I'm not mistaken all the way to Strawberry Reservoir.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

We just made 3 bikes street legal. We did the tusk kits from rocky mountain atv. Pretty inexpensive way to do it, well see how they hold up.

Those other areas sound like some good riding.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3gyjq1

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum