Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anybody here done the TAT?

Cool hey thanks for the heads up on the Tusk kits BlakeC. $209 for the kit with the blinkers in the hand gaurds are cheap.
    That would work on the XR but the YZ is a no go.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yeah I'm sure the yz needs a stator and headlight.
    I am setting up me xc to be street legal, and have the ability to charge a battery, and anything else that goes into a cigarette lighter adapter as well as run 2 lights on my helmet... I'm pretty stoked.

The tusk kits came with small batteries. We left the led blinker on and it lasted about 15 hours before the battery died. We also purchased the tusk trickle charger. So far we've been pleased with the kit (can't beat the price). Well see how she does on WRT in 2 weeks.

Anyone is sure welcome to come. It'll probably be April 5,6 or 7 that we ride it. I'll be down with my wife and kids so it's dirt biking one day (maybe 2) and hiking / slot canyons with the kids and wife the rest of the time. Well be there the weekend before with just the guys doing other trails.... Can't Waite!!!!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3etaco

Sounds like a good time.
    About the YZ I just thought (UTAH) that it was not possible regardless of lights, kits, ect.
    Doesn't matter for me as the big XR is the one to have street legal for me and my way of thinking. Might just have to find a tank in between 2.5 and 6.3 to make things right.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

You know BlakeC I sure would be interested in your picts when you get this together.
    And as a side note I guess with some tweeking the YZ can be street leagal here in Utah still. I was thinking those days were long gone.
    Till I seen a CRF450 the other day at the suspension shop with taggs.

It is a lot easier and cheaper to make a crf450x street legal verses a crf450r like I am riding. This would also be like making a wr450 legal verses a yz450f.

Bare with me, I am very green.
    I did not know that there was a CRF450X and I can only guess that this is more towards the desert with taller gears?

The x version is more of the trail version. Has a headlight and from what I understand the block may be a bit different, the r version is the track. Honestly I am not sure about the gearing

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zlo4nx

I had to put in a new stator, battery, wire harness and lights. It was a bit pricey, but I'm happy with the setup. I also have a cable that will power a helmet light and I'm getting it set up to charge a battery. Pocatello Powersports did the setup. They did a great job!!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?lmebd4

Hey BlakeC,B sure to let us know when the snow is gone up your way if you would please.
    I for one would love to try some tough stuff.You know up in the pines and Qks.

I live in the red sand and red rocks area and the heat. Well , Shes is on her way.
    Faster than I care for.
    It is a long way for me but I would love to hit the good stuff. And more into the MT, OR, ID and upper NV and Utah stuff.

I'm going to try and ride tues.

The weather has been great. We climbed at the city of rocks all day yesterday and had a great time!!

Some of the lower stuff is rideable, I think it's going to melt off earlier than usual this year.

:)))

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?piyl2p

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum