Thread: Father of the year?

Father of the year?

So... is this guy father of the year or a total asshat?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I vote AWESOME!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

A little drastic I think. But not an asshat. It was nice to see a parent standing up for what's right. That girl was out of line.
    If you don't have anything nice to say....come and sit by me.

Dana & Thane @ Couchsurfing.org

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbaxter View Post
    A little drastic I think. But not an asshat. It was nice to see a parent standing up for what's right. That girl was out of line.
    X2 Recently took an iPod away from one little princess after she posted "Sometimes I just hate people" on her FB this was about two seconds after I grounded her. I loved it even more when she said it wasn't me she was talking about.

TEENAGERS!! Ya gotta love them. Let it be known that I myself am involved in child-slave-labor, those dishes don't get washed by themselves!
    Chere'

I just saw this on facebook, pretty interesting. I dunno I would have sold the laptop though. Not sure my kid could ever make me that mad to actually destroy something of theirs.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

I went through a similar episode with one of my kids once.... best thing that ever happened.... As my daughter stood crying in front of me she was screaming "I can't ever win with you, even when I'm right"..... my reply was "it took you this long to figure that out?"

She looked at me with tears in her eyes and I could actually see the light bulb go on over her head.... never had a minutes problem with that kid since.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I went through a similar episode with one of my kids once.... best thing that ever happened.... As my daughter stood crying in front of me she was screaming "I can't ever win with you, even when I'm right"..... my reply was "it took you this long to figure that out?"

She looked at me with tears in her eyes and I could actually see the light bulb go on over her head.... never had a minutes problem with that kid since.

Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post

TEENAGERS!! Ya gotta love them. Let it be known that I myself am involved in child-slave-labor, those dishes don't get washed by themselves!
    I don't like the term "Slave Labor".... I prefer the term "indentured servant" I brought you into this world, you had better work that debt off
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Guys an asshat for the way he handled the situation. A lot of good that's going to do by stooping to her level. Methinks she is the way she is due to parenting screw ups on his part at an early age

priceless!! ungrateful, disrespectful little girl needs to appreciate how good she has it.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus View Post
    Methinks she is the way she is due to parenting screw ups on his part at an early age
    So you are saying she has daddy issues and we can expect to see her on the stripper curcuit in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    So you are saying she has daddy issues and we can expect to see her on the stripper curcuit in the near future?

Precisely...