Thread: My wife and 1 year old and i went to dinner and this is what it said on our check

My wife and 1 year old and i went to dinner and this is what it said on our check

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wow that is awsome. That is a great thing to see in this day and age. :)

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Couple months ago I went to Olive Garden for lunch to have soup and salad. I took along my books to prep for the labs I teach. An elderly couple were already seated at the table next to me. They saw my books and struck up a conversation with me. We chatted for a bit, it turns out they were retired teachers. Really nice couple. They left when they were done and I happily sipped my soup and prepared for class. The waitress came by and dropped a mint on my table. The couple had paid for my lunch! The waitress said that as retired educators they knew how much time and effort went into teaching and said when you are new you need all the support you can get. Really made my day!
    Chere'

I've had that happen a couple times while out for coffee or lunch in uniform. Once, right before my second deployment I was out with a group of 10 or 12. It was my going away party and those of us that were drinking were drinking a lot. The check would have been a few hundred bucks for sure. The manager of the restaurant had overheard us talking and knew that the dinner was my going-away party and he comp'd the whole thing. And for those of you interested in supporting a business that would take care of soldiers like that it was the Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant in downtown Salt Lake City.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I've had that happen a couple times while out for coffee or lunch in uniform. Once, right before my second deployment I was out with a group of 10 or 12. It was my going away party and those of us that were drinking were drinking a lot. The check would have been a few hundred bucks for sure. The manager of the restaurant had overheard us talking and knew that the dinner was my going-away party and he comp'd the whole thing. And for those of you interested in supporting a business that would take care of soldiers like that it was the Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant in downtown Salt Lake City.
    That's awesome.

I love stories like this. Yes, there are still a lot of good people in this world.
    Life is Good

Wow, good stuff!

Cool story, love it!
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

That is so dang cool!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

I hope when I go to the dealership to pick up my truck from the service center, some good samaritan will have picked up the tab for replacing my fuel pump:)

By the way it is located at Larry H Miller Dodge in Riverdale.(hint, hint)

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

I have been thinking about how cool this is and I'm going to look for an opportunity.

Uhhh no sorry MY T...