Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: St. George Ride

sunday up o n the Honeymoon trail

Out with the boys- Moab Mark and friends.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Just got back home. Had a great trip, today we headed out South from Black Rock. It was butt cold and trying to rain, so we only rode for a few hours. Sundays ride out to Warner Valley was the bomb. One of my buddies that tagged along had spent a lot of time out there and he took us on a bunch of the enduro race route. Fun ride, I'll tell ya when Mtnseeker releases the beast under the tank of his 650 that momma gets up and moves. That thing may weigh as much as my duramax but it has motor. Not many pictures taken but I'll try to post some pictures soon.

Has anyone rode South from George to Mesquite and then looped around on the North side back to George? If you have can you stay on dirt coming back on the North side or is it mostly black top? Mtn Seeker has got to get one of his rides road legal. Oh and a magic button wouldn't hurt either.

Mark

The north side can be done by dropping into Beaver Dam wash at the high power lines then up to highway 91 and cross onto through the Bradbury study area to Bloomington.
    Acca has done the south route.
    I'm sure nelsonccc has done this as well.

I really had a great time riding with this group and it was great having dan with us on sunday.
    The race trail and the one going back to the parking area up along the hill following that long set of deep whoops was a hoot and a half. I've road right around these trails and didn't even know they were there.
    Thanks for the invite moab mark it was a great couple of days riding. Great rides with some really grate dudes.

STG Route.

A small group of GS800 riders are headed to STG Fri and riding through Sun. STG Marriott is home base.

What was your favorite route?

Hmm My favorite route might not be much fun on a 800 as it was full of three foot drops and sandy/rocky single tracks.
    However you may want to try the road that takes you out to the Grand Canyon, This may a bit more fun with the big bikes and would make for a full day ride.
    It's a wide dirt road but if the weather goes bad I'd stay off it. Total mud hole in bad weather.
    The local BLM has maps for about twelve bucks and well worth the price. I believe they are on River Road here in ST. George.
    The temps today will be above 70 but they are calling for snow in a day or two and that road that goes out to GC is much higher in elevation.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post

Has anyone rode South from George to Mesquite and then looped around on the North side back to George? If you have can you stay on dirt coming back on the North side or is it mostly black top? Mtn Seeker has got to get one of his rides road legal. Oh and a magic button wouldn't hurt either.

Mark
    Just saw this, there are a bunch of routes.

If you're legal you can park at the backside of bloomington at Navajo and ride out either in the wash or up over the ridges to the beaver wash side. Then there are a bunch of routes back to the gorge. If legal you can take a dirt road that comes in at that exit in the middle of the gorge and then go up the freeway to the black rock exit. There is a virgin river crossing at the end of the black rock exit going north that will get you back to bloomington. or you could head south and do a bigger loop into bloomington hills.

If you're not legal then you can do what we always used to do. Ride out the back of bloomington up and over the ridges to the beaver dam side. Then there is a spot where you can ride dirt pretty much right up to the little town. Then there is a little dirt road that parallels the virgin all along hwy 91 to here 36
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Nelson, Is this cross over the Virgin over by the sink holes? (north of the black rock exit).
    I've seen it on maps but when I get there that river has changed so much since the two big floods that I can't pin it down or it has become impassable now.
    With huge 8 foot ledges and then like mini sand dunes before you even get to the river if your coming in from the south.
    I've only checked out maybe three times but every time I come to a no go.
    I'm thinking the only way to cross must be closer to the Sun River Golf course? (the old Akinville town area). Or closer to the waste treatment center.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

Cool I found it today it is a bit east of what I was thinking. Out of Bloomington and a few lefts by were they have a RC airplane runway now and east again down but it does cross over to the east of the sink holes and then the trail comes back west to the sink holes on a wild single track. Very deep in the winter and very loose on the bottom. (all sand and 2nd gear, get after it ) about knee deep. VERY and I do Mean VERY scarry this time of year. Thought for just a min or two I was not going to make it across.
    Crazy shit Bro.