Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: St. George Ride

St. George Ride

A few of my buddies and I are headed down to George Sunday and Monday. Anybody want to tag along and show us around? I have ridden out by Washington Dam a little but we would like the grand tour.

Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'll ride with you but the area is big.
    I've been out to Warner maybe a dozen times and I'm still getting just a taste of it.
    I don't know about the grand tour but I'm sure I can keep you riding all day.
    Both Sun. and Mon. are good for me. So just let me know when and were.

I'm actually thinking about buying a motorcycle but can't take ya. Just wanted to say to include a ride through snow canyon if you haven't been. It's $5 but very worth it IMO. I haven't been yet this year but I bet Gunlock falls are starting up and might be nice. Just tossing out ideas.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Hmm that's another thing as both my bikes are dirt only and not tagged for street use.
    I've ordered a new clutch for the YZ that should have been here by now but it has not showed up yet.
    The XR is ready to roll and with the stock tank I will need to get back to the truck for fuel by 75 ish miles. (lunch time)

If you plan on playing in the dunes you will need a flag. I don't have one but might if there is a demand for it.

The weather is looking great at right about 60 degrees for both days with some clouds possible.

Sounds great we plan on rolling out around 4-5 Sunday morning. Probably meet you somewhere in Washington around 9. We would like to ride the Washington Dam, Sand Hollow area Sunday. As far as fuel most of us can only go around 50 miles if sand is involved. So well have to loop back past the trucks after a few hours. Monday we are open for suggestions. PM me your cell #. Should be a great time.

Mark

First things first. Are you coming down with camping trailers and such or are you hitting condos.? Or motels?
    When acca and garbanzo come down this way we meet at the I-Hop but if you want I can meet you there of were the roads turns to dirt at Wahington dam area-Road or?
    If your doing trailers and want to camp it I can always try to round up fire wood and do the tent thing with big breakfast and half day rides then do the gas thing and head back out after lunch or?
    I'll PM you my cell number and we can go from there.
    I'm hoping we can get some bites on this and get the new big ol blue and yellow bike down here as well. GARBANZO are you out there

But it being a Sun/mon ride it may not happen.

Sorry Deathcricket, I missed your air softers invite but I just had to ride with the weather the way it has been and all, Hope you understand.
    Sat. was for Mesquite and Sun was for Warner.
    Theres a Honda commercial that has been out for years. Goes something like this - I WANT TO RIDE I WANT TO RIDE I WANT TO RIDE.
    And for those that can remember this old Honda commercial it goes something like this.- When it's spring time in the rocky's you should go out and get yourself a Honda.

I may only be a riding fool but most think I'm just a dam fool. I may even have that back words.

One of the guys coming owns a condo down there, so were set for somewhere to stay. I'll give you a call when we get closer to Sunday.

Mark

Sounds good. moab mark

I was out last fri. (spring feavor and all) afternoon and I shit you not there was a sand buggy off dunes area and about half a doz. atv's and 10 mayby 15 motos.
    Needles to say I headed down to mesquite the very next day and only ran into two bad ass riders and just about eve one side by.

I only mention this so that you don't get to hog wild close to the parking areas.
    Sunday will be a push with the great weather and all but monday will be great as there should not be anyone around.
    Just saying for safety sake.

Don't get me wrong just a little insiders stuff.
    If your with in 20 miles of the parking area on Sun. be really cool with your blind corners out there/here. It will be more packed than you think it should be.
    Sorry just the way it's getting out here with the warming temps and all. (spring feavor) is catching and the summers temps are just plain hot down here.
    The long season is coming to and end.
    Last month there was notta and now it's they are comming out of the wood works.

Monday should not be an issue but keep in mind this on SUN.
    When it's 40-50 degrees the little girls stay home but by hell when it hits 60 degrees the flood gates they 'd be open bro.

Soon as it hits 100 the little girls hide behind the game boys and don't come out till oct. then die out about dec. then it's on again about now till may. Losts of great riding in the early am hours when it gets good and warm.
    Then about june it is time to head north for me.
    Can you say Cherry Creek?

Oh and make sure your tags are up to date as it is the time for johnny Man Law to get his revinue going again.
    But hay if the weather does what it should this month it can be the best riding of the year down here.

COME ON RAIN BABY.......................

@Garbanzo is riding cherry creek tomorrow. Maybe he'll post a trip report. Nah, doubt it. I think that camera of his is mostly for looks...

Where is cherry creek ? Could I ride there Saturday with an unregistered motorcycle ?

Yeah. It's just past Eureka and then down a dirt road. Miles and miles of single track. @fourtycal could prolly tell you how to get here: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...id=Trip_Report

Well the weather is changing for sun-mon.
    Today should be almost 70 and sat in the mid to upper 60's.
    Sunday calls for a few showers and mid 50's and monday cloudy and in the 50's. But then again this is Utah and they never get the weather right so it may rain like hell or be sunny.

Went out for a little ride after getting the new clutch in today to Warner.
    First time I've ever seen the white jeep DNR possey in the bottoms handing out tickets like there was no next day.
    When you boys come down make sure your reg. and papers are in order.
    ZEE PAPERS PLEASE
    Seams they are on a revenue strike task force just before the big Rhino Race on the 25th.
    Maybe it's just they know people will push it with their registration this time of year with the warm weather and all or maybe it's the race. WHO knows but beware.
    I'm riding on some questionable stuff and it just might be hard to convince them that I,m still test riding 2 months later.
    And the old owner might not dig it when he gets a call and they ask is this your bike this dude is thinking about buying
    I'm having a tough time dialing in the new clutch adjustments as is and will be riding the still papered XR myself.

Just is not worth the inpound and all the fees that come with it.
    Hell it's bad enough we have to pay more to ride our dirt as it is.

Just a little heads up for those that are coming down this weekend and want to ride Warner.
    So now that I've just about scarred you all off when are you rolling into town SUN.?

Hey now

I'm sure his camera works or at least it did till the big ole LOOP on the base of the sand climb.

But then again in the famous words of Curanal Clinks side kick Schultz- I KNOW NOTHING, NOTHING!

Great day out with Moab Mark and friends today.
    The weather gave us the good traction blessings and stayed at bay for us today.
    Caught some of the second loop of the race to be held on the 25th and boy was it a blast.
    Got a little gung hole and looped the brp and took a shoot to the ribbs.
    Several three foot drops that at speed just had to gas and land.
    The race single track was by far the ride to ride today and it was just a blast. Sticky sand with the weather that made it just awesome.
    Some hill climbs that rocked and just a we bit of high speed to keep all together.
    I had a great time and will be hooking up with them in the morn for more fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    GARBANZO are you out there

But it being a Sun/mon ride it may not happen.
    In Minneapolis for training. I wish I were there riding. Hope you guys have a good one.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

I hope someone was taking pictures! Lets seeeee...