Thread: Ok about FEB. 13 we will have a desert race or hare and hound at Warner

Ok about FEB. 13 we will have a desert race or hare and hound at Warner

I am just getting the papers e-mailed to me soon.
    It's about 60-70 bucks for a one time try and I can give some more info later as I get the details.
    First 40 miles is mellow but the next 40 are a little more hard core for those that may be interested.
    Some big climbs and some serious rock factor for the second half.
    Is what I was told by the guy putting this on.

He also said it will most likely be the last year for this as the MTB and Tree huggers are trying to shut it down.
    If you can not start the second half by the time the first place rider completes 2nd half they will not let you start due to day light and safety reasons.

For all those that are in my situation it will be a recreation riders tagg and for those that have raced before then you may already know what tagg your into.
    REC riders just tape a pie plate on.

I think that this is on FEB. 25th but I will know soon enough.

Any takers eith brand new blue and yellow bikes?????????????????????

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm starting to guess that the 13th is not right as it is a monday but until I get the e-mail that's what I have to go on for now.

I'm all good to try the first 40 but that is going to be my limit for now until I get younger.

Found on Sageriders web site

Ok Saturday Feb. 25th I'll try get a link going as soon as I read through it a little bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Images Attached Images

NOTE: there is a limit of 300 big bikes / a 450 is a big bike. BLM will be checking for spark arrestors period as they do all races. If this is something you may be interested in then timing is tight. THey did fill up last year inside two weeks. And this year may be the last. Thank your local locales tree huggin monkey wrench want to bees.
    Hey we all love the outdoors
    You respect my outdoors and I'll respect yours.

HOWEVER

Ok the way I see this is you can race and It will be the 25th or you can stir clear of the area on this weekend. The BLM will be out in full force.
    As well as hundreds of yahoos and special laws.
    As with most races there will be no atv's, no kids scoots, and no recreational riding in the area.
    THIS AGAIN will be the 25th of FEB. A Sat

By the way while I was on the phone with the local that is selling the tickets he tried to inform me that a stock YZf 450 did not come with a spark arrestor that is Forest service compatible on a 08.
    I assurred him that the only fires I have started were after dark while me and the bros were very cold and had come in on the wrong road.

HE was not amused.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    By the way while I was on the phone with the local that is selling the tickets he tried to inform me that a stock YZf 450 did not come with a spark arrestor that is Forest service compatible on a 08.
    I assurred him that the only fires I have started were after dark while me and the bros were very cold and had come in on the wrong road.

HE was not amused.

Does anyone have a map of where this race goes?