Thread: 60* and i'm working on bikes

60* and i'm working on bikes

This is a insight as to just how dumb I am.
    It's 60 degrees today and I washed all my filters to get ready to ride.
    They're hung like christmas stockings and wet.

WTH was I thinking?
    Oh well I think the new clutch will show up tuesday or maybe wednesday and the BRP should have a dry filter by morn.

As much as I like the idea of no-toil I think it's time to go in a new direction.

Any ideas?
    Chet was telling me about some after market ideas such as wear-overs and another one that acted like a sleeve I think. But I've had a hard time finding any info. on this.
    Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

What do you use for air filters and why?

The only reason I ask is I am starting to think that this no-toil might just be why my carb. is getting so plugged up and I'm not so sure it stops everything that it is said.

I just use the standard Twin Air with motorex filter oil. You should buy two filters for each bike, then you've got no excuses.

Mark and I are headed out tomorrow afternoon for some suspension adjustments, new sprocket testing, desmog testing, etc, etc.

Oh yeah and a ride too!

You know acca that's the dumb part is I tried to wash them all at the same time. Hoping two will survive the dryer
    And thank you for the heads up on filters and oil.

I found just about everything but the Motorex air filter oil so I went with the twins and the maxima spray filter oil and cleaner and a couple of in line fuel filters to offset it all.
    Hope it works as advertised.
    Wish me luck.

I can't get it together fast enough as I suspect a ride coming on now that the yellow and blue machine is almost in town.

By the way the no-toil filter did not make it through the dryer. It broke up at the glue seams.
    The round one for the YZ but the XR one is just fine. It has much better design just by looking at it. But then again it is all flat with no curves other than its cut out.
    EXAMPLE: That is an air nozzle that is poking through the round filter with the glue loss and the red one is in great shape that goes to the xr.
    Both are no-toil filters.
    The glue is sepperating all along the cone on the exterior of the yz filter and has only been washed twice but only put in the dryer this one time and it was serperating the first time.
    I tried to use a q-tip with some upholstery glue and pinched it and it worked until wash time.
    Now the hole is huge. And the center hole always seamed a bit off center.
    Not sure as to how old it is but it came new in package with bike a couple months ago.
    The hole glue em up design for this application sucks.
    Much rather rely on a flat foam instead.
    Attached Images Attached Images