Thread: Why ride alone when you have two bikes

Why ride alone when you have two bikes

So I grabbed my neighbor that currently has no bike right now and we headed for a remake of the trip down to Mesquite 2 weeks ago.

I parked my truck down in the high speed wash that we hit as a group on our way back before we headed west down that last set of whoops to were we parked 2 weeks ago. I drove in there from the Beaver dam I-15 turn off and headed northwest were the road turns to dirt up by the mobile home park that sits atop the hill that over looks the bar.

The first half of the day I was struggling with blowing out corners and general unease of the YZ. Just could not get it figured out as to why this lighter bike was harder to ride in the sand than my big XR.
    I had tightened up the suspension a little at a time until I was just plain pissed.

Sat sown for a cold beer and lunch at the truck and decided to loosen everything up about 50% and Kazam baby life is good again

We got a little turned around as to just were the big sand climb was and before we knew it we were smack dam on top of it.

So we headed back down to the west and then north to get back around to the base of the hill.

The YZ just about made it up but not quite and my neighbor on my XR was catching 4th gear half way up and made it with no trouble.
    He's a lot better ride than I am.
    Me, I had to whip the horse hard and grabbed 4th early then back to third and 2nd and first to get as high as I did with a ton of trial and error.

Now remember it has not rained in two weeks and was a loose as a W^&( t*(.

I'm very pleased with the carb. overhaul and the foot peg seams complete again.
    With kickstand in place.

I could not begin to keep up with my neighbor in the am.
    But with a good lunch break and a few adjustments was hot on his heels the rest of the day.

Only took one pict. and is was at lunch but the weather was great.
    The ride was fantastic and I'm getting closer all the time to getting this YZ dialed into me.

Now I just need to learn how to ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sounds like a blast. Nice sticker!

Why thank you sir and I do mean thank you.