Thread: American Canyoneer IBOD Minutes 1-23-12

American Canyoneer IBOD Minutes 1-23-12

IBOD Minutes Jan 23, 2012
    All were present.

Here are the discussion topics for tonight, target meeting length 60 minutes
    1. Vote for BOD time frame
    2. Bylaws developments
    3. Membership
    4. Access
    5. Accident board
    6. Forum
    7. Open items

1. Vote for BOD time frame:
    The question was asked, what should be accomplished before electing a BOD? Minimum accomplishments (many that have been accomplished) should include expressing mission, vision, and goals and objectives. Also completing the process of filing legal papers and establishing the legal structures of the organization.
    The question was asked who votes on the BOD? The bylaws are being written that voting is restricted to members, and so that means that we have to do a membership push before a BOD vote can occur

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    4. Access
    Ram and Tom have been asked to put a list of canyons with access issues on the site,

How can these two be in charge of access when they block access at every turn? Talk about the fox guarding the hen house.

How about we start with this canyon near Zion, it's an awesome slot, but is has some access issues, along with being on the show and don't tell list.

http://canyoneeringusa.com/rave/0508wet/index.htm

I have a suggestion.... maybe we delete the AC website and pretend it never existed.

How can these two be in charge of access when they block access at every turn?
    What, you feel left out? Or, are you just looking for another chance to throw some mud yet again?

They aren't "in charge" of anything. They are putting together a list. That's it. You can contribute too, I'm absolutely sure. Pretty sure ANYONE can contribute. That's the whole idea, afterall...

I have a suggestion.... how about we delete the AC website and pretend it never existed.
    I have a suggestion. Instead of always being the antagonist, why don't you embrace the opportunity to be one of the protagonists?

I hope this doesn't blow up into a big thread like iceaxe is hoping. I hope people just ignore his posts.

Shane, I'm disappointed that you will not give this group a chance. You don't have to cheer them on, but you don't need to whack them at the knees.

Felicia
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    I have a suggestion. Instead of always being the antagonist, why don't you embrace the opportunity to be one of the protagonists?
    A perfect remark from Crappy.... I'm only the antagonist in your small little world... in others I'm the champion .

It just depends on which side of the fence you are making your observations from.

Someone has to point out when the emperor has no clothes.... Or in this case... when the inmates are running the asylum might be a better analogy.

It just depends on which side of the fence you are making your observations from.

Someone has to point out when the emperor has no clothes....

You are correct Shane, but I think that you can be polite and professional in conveying your thoughts, observations, and concerns when discussing this new group.

Felicia
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

- Blank -

Just getting ready to be one of the "cool guys".

Oh wait I'm one Iceaxe's side 100% hmmmm
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Someone has to point out when the emperor has no clothes.... Or in this case... when the inmates are running the asylum might be a better analogy.
    i guess i'm confused. do you want this association to succeed or not? one day you are all about supporting it, the next you are calling everyone volunteering on it's behalf crazy. you do remember that YOU were formally invited to provide input on access issues. remember?

the olive branch has been extended shane. i know i don't agree with you much on a variety of topics, but that's not the point. this association is being built so that EVERYONE can have a say, regardless of where you are coming from. even when i disagree with your stance, i still think it's valid, and i think it should be represented appropriately.

what i don't think is valid is your approach of constantly criticizing, mocking, and moderating people who don't agree with you or advance your agenda. you seem intent on perpetuating this "us vs. them" mentality. why is that?

it's really easy to be an armchair canyoneer, constantly criticizing and complaining. it's entirely another to step up to the plate and take a cut, even if you go down swinging. but sitting on the bench criticizing your teammates for their honest effort is the lowest form of sportsmanship, and reeks of insecurity. so why do you do it?

i suppose the real question is, do you want AC to succeed or not? because i'm starting to get the feeling everyone is wasting their time trying to babysit you. you've been invited to be as much a part of the organization as you want to be. don't think the access issues will be accurately portrayed by ram and tom? great, step up and tell us what you think should happen. but you have refused pretty much every invitation. instead, you've chosen to stand on the sidelines and bitch and complain about those who are trying.

perhaps it's time to move on without you. i get the feeling you have zero desire to see this thing work. if so, just say it. at least then everyone can stop feeding the trolls...

How can these two be in charge of access when they block access at every turn? Talk about the fox guarding the hen house.

How about we start with this canyon near Zion, it's an awesome slot, but is has some access issues, along with being on the show and don't tell list.

I have a suggestion.... maybe we delete the AC website and pretend it never existed.

Couldn't agree with you more, Iceaxe. Couldn't agree with you more.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    - Blank -

Just getting ready to be one of the "cool guys".

Oh wait I'm one Iceaxe's side 100% hmmmm

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    How about we start with this canyon near Zion, it's an awesome slot, but it has some access issues, along with being on the show and don't tell list.

There are no access issues with that canyon. There are several legal ways to get there. Don't trespass.

Tom