Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW BIKE!! It's offical!!! I FINALLY got a NEW (to me) BIKE!

NEW BIKE!! It's offical!!! I FINALLY got a NEW (to me) BIKE!

After many many many nights spent on KSL and many other internet sights and after much help and advice I finally can say I'm part of the off road bike owner Gang! I spent so much time looking and testing riding bikes my wife finally just told me to buy a bike and get it over with...Well I did....sort of. Instead of buying one bike I bought two!! Well I bought one and found a killer deal on another so I decided to by two. My reasoning was that I could see which one I liked better and then sell the other one.

So the two bike's I now own are a 2008 KX450F and 2005 CRF450R (new SS valves).

At first I was dead set on a CR500 and that is all i was looking at. I test drove some and loved the power, but the cheapest I could find one that was indecent shape was 2k and I didn't want to have to pay that much for bike that at minimum was 10yrs. old. So then I started looking at KX500's. I rode one and they just seemed so big that I rulled them out. Then I rode some two stroke 250's and I really liked them and was going to buy one. I was dead set against the 4t's because i had heard that there was more maintance and more cost to buy and repair. So how did I go from being dead set against a 4t and then buying one? Well, I never test road one and so i decided that before I buy a bike I should a least ride one. Well, I rode one and the thing that I liked most was the smoth power delivery. Still I didn't know if wanted all the precieved maintance. Long story short I just wanted to get a bike and found what I thougt were some great deals so I bought them.

I don't have pic's now but will post them later tonight.

The big question now is, where can I ride them this saturday? I've got the Ich and need to get out. I live in Davis county and I think that the closest place to ride them is 5 mile? Is that still rideable? If anyone knows of a place to ride and wants to show a guy that has been out of dirt bikes for 10 yrs. some trails that would be great! I was going to go with Redfox saturday but he can't make it now. So let me know if you can go or if you know of somewhere better to go than 5 mile.

Can't wait to ride!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

My money is on the green machine
    Congrats Red your back in the game. Can't wait to get together and ride baby ride.
    Your methods may be a bit different than most but I love it man. But like I say my money is on the 08.
    The great part is you have a couple months to get the machine you really want and still be just in time for the spring feaver impulse buyers.

I've never met you but trust me it won't be long now.
    Congrats and lets get this thing ironed out...

WOOO HOOOOT

And for what it's worth I have never owned a bad HONDA so don't let others tell you they are crap.
    I'm sure you already know this but get the suspension set as close as you can on both to get the real feel.
    Do all those little things on both bikes like Valves adjusted etc.

check bearings, Head play, counter shaft play and all the little things that may help you with your process.

After that stuff ride this piss out of both and trust your gut.

Way to cool Red just way to cool...

Congrats! Waiting for the pics...

Mr @Garbanzo and I might be out at Delle on Saturday, but perhaps with kids. My wife is outta town, so not sure if it's even worth taking my bike. Unless I get a sitter and @Garbanzo wants to go alone...maybe.

Fivemile is certainly rideable, pretty much all year I think.

Mr @Garbanzo is headed north tomorrow to pick up a brand new blue and yellow machine from across the pond. Lucky SOB...

You've gotta be sh%%%% me.
    Dang I have got to get a go pro now

Here's a couple pics. There not that great but having to much fun with them to worry about pics.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Congrats! Waiting for the pics...

Mr @Garbanzo and I might be out at Delle on Saturday, but perhaps with kids. My wife is outta town, so not sure if it's even worth taking my bike. Unless I get a sitter and @Garbanzo wants to go alone...maybe.

Fivemile is certainly rideable, pretty much all year I think.

Mr @Garbanzo is headed north tomorrow to pick up a brand new blue and yellow machine from across the pond. Lucky SOB...

Let me know if you go out to Delle sat. I've never been there seems like fun, but anywhere I can ride, doesn't matter. Oh and one potential problem, bikes not registered. Will that matter? Also, its been awhile since I've been of road.

That 08 looks sweet with lots of extras.

Can't see the 05 through the dust

Awesome, wish I were going to be around for a ride. Maybe in two weeks when I return. Good work!

Red Specialized was generous in letting me ride his Kawi today, and I gotta say that it is a sweet machine!! So friggin powerful, well tuned carb and a wonderful suspension to boot! Great purchase in my book!
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal View Post
    Awesome, wish I were going to be around for a ride. Maybe in two weeks when I return. Good work!
    Where the hell is that new WR? I'm dying to see it. You are getting one, right? I hope I didn't mix you up with someone else.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    Red Specialized was generous in letting me ride his Kawi today, and I gotta say that it is a sweet machine!! So friggin powerful, well tuned carb and a wonderful suspension to boot! Great purchase in my book!
    I think it was the other way around, I was the lucky one, anyone can ride kawi. I got to ride the cadilac with two wheels, the bike of bikes, the HUSABERG. That machine was so nice! Suspension was perfect, power was as smooth as it gets, My favorite thing was cruise control. All I had to do was sit and it did the rest. Very nice machine. Thanks for letting me take it for a spin. Not many can say they've ridden one of thoee.

Also, thanks to everyone for letting me spend a few hours with you testing my new bikes. And your help with the red machine. I really apprecite it. It was good to get muddy in the dirt again, it's been way to long. I look forward to more rides.

A picture of the the blue and yellow after a little mud.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Good riding with you guys. What a fun day!

Hey Red, did you get a chance to work on your Honda's carb yet? Curious as to what the real problem was.

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motor-treatment.html

+2 here on the carb. issue?

Quote Originally Posted by double moo View Post
    Hey Red, did you get a chance to work on your Honda's carb yet? Curious as to what the real problem was.

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motor-treatment.html
    ok, so tonight I took the carb off the bike and took it all apart. I thought I might as well give it one good cleaning so I new that it was clean from the get go. It didn't really look dirty at all......? I did have an extra part when I took it apart. it was a tiny washer, maybe size M2 or so. It fell out of the carb when I had the float bowl off with the main jet unscrewed. I have no Idea where it goes...... Anyone seen this before in a carb? Well I sprayed carb cleaner through out the carb and put it all back together. no more gas running out of the air cleaner. Starts right up, idles well and seems to run good. Maybe the washer was an extra part and causing the float to stick open.....? Seems like it is good to go now. I think next time I will just use seafoam, MUCH easier!! Redfox is dying to try it out so we need to set up another time we can go out and actually put some time on it.

Hmm sounds like a extra o-ring Just kidding.

Extra parts!? Never a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Extra parts!? Never a problem...
    That's what I thought....but then it was driving me crazy so I found a parts diagram online and found what the parts were for.....:banghead: looks like when I took off the fuel mixture screw and turned the carb upside down the spring washer ans o-ring all fell out and I only found the washer. Got a new spring, washer & o-ring for 6 bucks and surprisingly enough it runs better....:what:....who would have guessed...?

Gotta love them carbs.

I swear next time around it's friggin fuel injection and electric starters brother.