Thread: HammerSchmidt installed...

HammerSchmidt installed...

Keep your eyes peeled for upcoming pics.
    Never heard of it? Google it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jinx View Post
    I hear they are amazing but a little noisy. One of the reasons my bike doesn't have it is cause mine doesn't have the tabs for it at the bb. Keep us posted.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

What bike did you install it on ? Redspecialized has 2 bikes with hammerschimidts on them. They work great

Actually Nelson, the bike I installed it on doesnt have ISCG tabs either. A few mods were mandatory to do so, but nothing un-doable(full tech. report is being drafted). I put it on an old Azonic Saber that I found last summer for pretty cheap. Including the $150 dollar HammerSchmidt the whole bike has been built for well under $1,000. A light(relatively), short travel freeride bike was what I was looking for and it fits the bill pretty well.

I do have the Hammerschimdt on two of my bikes and I would never go back. I LOVE them!! I never have to worry about my chain falling off, can shift whenever your want, under full power, pedaling backwards and everything in between. You don't have to worry about cross chaining and many more benefits. I just can't say enough good about them. I heard the noise complaint to, but I really can't hear any noise, I guess if there is any noise, then you get used to it. Like some bikes rear hub make noise but no one complains about that. I think if anyone is worried about a little noise on there MTN bike maybe they should trade it in for a road bike.... It has really changed the way I ride for good. I can know pedal up things things that i couldn't before.

So Jinx, I'd be very interested in how you installed one on a bike without ISCG tabs. I have a big hit that I would love to put one on but it is an 02 before they started putting the tabs on. I'm looking forward to the report!! WAY COOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by jinx View Post

Jinx you ever finish this project.....? Where's the PICS? Interested to see how it turned out.