Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a date!

I have a date!

She said YES!

Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Now take her some place romantic!!

That doesn't involve a 10 mile hike across frozen tundra.

Now take her some place romantic!!

That
    doesn't involve a 10 mile hike across frozen tundra.
    It's to the Bella Voce Valentine's Dinner and Sweetheart's Ball.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

This even makes Hammergate sniff a little...

Dirk!!! Nice to see you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Dirk!!! Nice to see you back.
    Thanks my friend.... now I gotta figure out how to get this Fake Austrian business off my plate. It's a burden.

How about I give you the number of my Nigerian lawyer? He's really good with international money transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    How about I give you the number of my Nigerian lawyer? He's really good with international money transactions.
    Send him my way, I could use his fantastic rate of return on the 10 grand I wire him.

Bogley BigShot
    Ah Scott! You are like every woman's dream man!

Hi Five Dirk! Good to see your presence amongst us again!

so all those breakfast in beds finally paid off. congrats!
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    there are two types of husbands:

one who's ego prevents him from doing this stuff
    one who's ego makes him do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner View Post
    there are two types of husbands:

one who's ego prevents him from doing this stuff
    one who's ego makes him do this stuff

What a night! It was our big "romantic date". Kim is taking the baby sitter back now. The night was a disaster of sorts, but we'll make the best of it.

Anyway, we went to the Bella Voce Sweetheart Show/Dinner/Dance. I though the event was at 6:30, but Kim thought it was at 7, so I didn't give it a second thought since I thought I must be confusing it with next weeks dinner. The dinner really started at 6:30.

While getting ready, I cut my nose just below the nostril while shaving (it was only a tiny cut. We waited at home until 7:20 for it to stop bleeding, but it didn't. We had to go, so we hoped it would stop by the time we got there. When we got there dinner (and even dessert) was over, but they still had a little left over spaghetti. I went outside to hold a snowball on my nose hoping it would stop bleeding. It did briefly, so I went back inside to sit by Kim. The tiny cut started bleeding again so I had to go in the bathroom for a while. After a while and when it was obvious that it wouldn't stop, I went and got Kim and suggested that if we hurried home to try to super glue (I heard that you can stop bleeding cuts with it) maybe we could sto pit from bleeding and still make it back for the dance and maybe even for the last of the show.

Well, the only thing superglue did was glue the blood to my face. I also ended up getting the superglue my nostril. We tried Vaseline, ice and bandaids to try and get it to stop. Finally we found some hydrogen peroxide and either that or the combination of the rest of the stuff worked (after 2.5 hours). We hurried back to the fairgrounds, arriving at 8:50 and found that the show was over and that almost all the couples were gone (two were left talking). Some of the teenage girls were still dancing, so the DJ was still there. I asked him if he could play a slow song. Kim and I danced a slow song and the dance was over. We drove to TCBY to get some frozen yogurt. I guess that's it.

I'm glad we've been married for 18.5 years and can laugh about all this, because if something like this happened on our first date, I think I'd be too scared to ask her out again. I really love my wife.

By the way, if anyone knows how to get superglue out of a nostril, please let me know.

PS, Kim still said yes to the Sweetheart Dinner next Saturday. A brave wife I have. I'll have to really romance her for that one. I sure do love my wife.

On the plus side, one of the women that goes to our Church was there at the dance. She said that everyone talks about us (we live in a small town), but that it's all good gossip. People say that we are the perfect couple and are just like two newly weds. We already knew that we are the perfect couple (mostly because of Kim of course), but it made us feel really good hearing that.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    By the way, if anyone knows how to get superglue out of a nostril, please let me know.
    You pick it....

Funny story! Better luck next time. Maybe skip the shave go for the scruffy look.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    :

Funny story! Better luck next time. Maybe skip the shave go for the scruffy look.
    X2
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Our date tonight went perfect. Candlelight dinner and lots of talking, plus a walk there and walk back. Maybe she'll go out with me again.

I'm not sure I know you both well enough to say what I'm going to say, but I'll say it anyway: <deep breath>

Whatever you do, don't have kids; it'll ruin the relationship.

Love to you both,
    Rob

Had a date with beautiful Kimberly two nights in a row. I must be the luckiest person on earth!