Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Find the Bogley Stash

First of all, I need to apologize for keeping this so long. When we found it, I debated with just quickly taking it to it's next spot, but I knew that we were headed down to North Wash for Memorial Day and thought that it would be a great spot.

Unfortunately, we were almost to Soldier Summit when I realized that we had left the Stash in the trunk of our car. Too late to turn around.

So we came up with another spot closer and so here it goes.

The new Bogley Stash location is: N 40 22' 05.9" W 111 41' 22.9"

Green pointer is location, orange A is showing Battle Creek Trail.

This is a great little hike that goes past two beautiful waterfalls that one can cool off in on a hot day--which we did. I attached some photos of the actual hiding place because of limited satellite reception. I did get 4 or 5 satellites locked on, but my GPS was still bouncing around a bit. If you want more challenge, just don't scroll past the map.

Took jeep trail guide book and left a small, but very nice, flint and steel tool.

Thanks Acca and Beech, this was very fun, especially for my boys.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Name:  DSCN9417_6107.JPG
Views: 590
Size:  212.9 KB

Me, holding the shirt, not wearing it as a courtesy to future finders, since it was so hot.

Name:  DSCN9421_6111.JPG
Views: 586
Size:  133.4 KB

Name:  DSCN9422_6112.JPG
Views: 564
Size:  96.6 KB

Name:  DSCN9425_6115.JPG
Views: 583
Size:  190.1 KB

Nice place to cool off.

Name:  DSCN9436_6126.JPG
Views: 598
Size:  99.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sweet!! I must have missed your post.
    No biggie on taking so long, you got it hidden. Who is going to snag it?

BTW...we have a new Bogley t-shirt currently in production...

**Updated map...we gotta get this stash outta Utarrrr

Viewing on a mobile device? Click this link to open the map: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213347094909764048559.0004c2496949588933feb&msa=0&ll=39.036253,-111.505737&spn=3.024951,7.13562

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I think I'd much prefer to keep the stash in Utah -- make it a local activity and require that it be put in at least a new county each hide. Food for thought.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    I think I'd much prefer to keep the stash in Utah -- make it a local activity and require that it be put in at least a new county each hide. Food for thought.
    Yeah sure. It can go wherever. Just thinking it would be cool to see some neighboring states involved.

Stash has been retrieved. It was an epic struggle against raging wildfires, hungry wolves, and rabid German tourists.

Pics to follow later tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by mhambi View Post
    Stash has been retrieved. It was an epic struggle against raging wildfires, hungry wolves, and rabid German tourists.

Pics to follow later tonight...

Or maybe tonight... that's what I get for trying to take Chem during the summer block. No time!

Headed up to PG during my lunch to see if I could grab it. Didn't realize that the fire was the day before... they were still working on hotspots and such...

Made my way past the falls and was getting pretty close when I spied a LARGE dog like creature moving down the stream. Very Large. Reason told me it was probably with a hiker, but my imagination was telling me it was the long lost Hobble Creek wolf moved north. Waited to see if I could hear anyone coming down the trail... no dice. He hadn't heard or smelled me yet, and was busy moving down the creek below me. Finally I spotted a collar, and got a little less worried... but he was still a BIG dog, so I let him pass. Crossed the creek, poked around the rocks a bit, (found the dog owner... resting in his hammock, who was probably wondering what the heck I was up to), and finally located the stash!

(didn't want to spoil the shirt with my smelly armpits... I mean... look what the stink did to my face!)

Made my way back down the trail and each time I passed someone wondered if they were after the stash like I was.

Passed a group of about 6 german speaking tourists... they probably weren't rabid, but I treat them all like that just in case.

I had a couple of really cool places that would have been fun, interesting, and spread out the points on the map... but alas I have zero free time, so I had to settle on an interesting place closer to where I'm from. I know there are several pics of the area over in the Photo forum, and lots of people have been near/past it. It's the site of the 'most expensive landslide' in US history! And where I put it, it would have been under 160' of water, if 'Lake Thistle' were still there. http://geology.utah.gov/surveynotes/...ts/thistle.htm

Coordinates

Cool stuff man. Tks for hiding it so fast!

I've updated the map. Perhaps @Udink can snag it from there and take it somewhere cool?

Viewing on a mobile device? Click this link to open the map: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213347094909764048559.0004c2fffe3df0753402a&msa=0&ll=39.816975,-111.439819&spn=3.075637,7.146606

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    If nobody grabs this one, I'll be bagging it tomorrow morning while en route to Eureka for the Elks Lodge Poker Run!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

And? just kidding but I know how those elks drink and take their time.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

Is anybody going to go snag this one? We have new shirts!

Bump! We've got these nice new snazzy shirts in, snag that stash and I'll ship one out to you.

Maybe folks are a little apprehensive, since they weren't chosen and may not have a "cool" enough place to stash it that fits your agenda????

we gotta get this stash outta Utarrrr
    Just thinking it would be cool to see some neighboring states involved.
    I've updated the map. Perhaps @Udink can snag it from there and take it somewhere cool?
    Kinda took some of the fun out of it--IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    Kinda took some of the fun out of it--IMHO.
    Interesting. That wasn't my intention. All are welcome to participate, hence the rules. "Fun" is why it was started...

So no one has snagged it yet? I have been waiting since te end of June thinking it was gone. I'll be grabbing it this weekend if no one else does before then!

Well I happend to be over that way today to find this and did find the Gate to Hell and made it back. However there was no stash! My wife and I searched around for a bit and found nothing. Maybe someone snagged it already?

Re: Find the Bogley Stash

I opened my cars trunk this morning and saw the Bogley stash sitting underneath a pile of junk. Mega-apologies all around. I said a week-or-so ago that I would grab it on that Friday if no one else did. So I did. (the day before our venerable colleague attempted the same) To my eternal shame I forgot to post here immediately of my discovery (family/graduation/law school). But I suppose better late than never! (I'll stash something extra nice inside!)

So the stash was precisely where described. Next to a bunker (full of bitting ants (extra apologies if the guy who went after ran into these as well!)) in the middle of what used to be Thistle, UT. I loved this stash because I read all the background info and I can bore all my friends about the inane facts as we drive past on our way down to the Swell. I should be hiding it in the next couple of weeks. Any suggestions?

With my graduation in a few hours this became a Family Affair!
    Name:  photo (2).jpg
Views: 121
Size:  85.4 KB

Re: Find the Bogley Stash

Bump

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2