Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Find the Bogley Stash

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    Found it! It was in a great little place in the sand flats recreation area. Nice hiding spot!
    My plan is to stash it during the last weekend in March!

I haven't quite figured out how to post pics from my phone to the board so I'll do that in a few hours.

Nice work!

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Awesome! I'm glad it was found and I'm curious to see where it goes next. If I get my hands on it again, the location will be more extreme!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Very cool! Looking forward to seeing the details about the next hiding spot.

place it in the swell because that's were im going in April

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post

maybe eventually have a canyoneering only stash.
    could i start a canyoneering stash i have a cool place to put it

i feel like we could make some good rules for the stash like:
    original rules
    1. Find the Bogley stash and get free loot. You get a free Bogley t-shirt and cutout sticker, plus one other item in the stash box.

2. Put the Bogley t-shirt on and take a picture holding the stash box in the location that you found it.

3. Place an item (trinket) of your choice in the box for the next member to find. Perhaps place a sticker (from the local area) on the box to help decorate it. Leave the shirt in the box for the next member to use for their picture. Bogley will mail you a shirt in your size and a sticker.

4. Hide the stash box in a NEW location (anywhere) for the next member to find. Make it an interesting place, landmark, historical area, etc. It should be a fun trip and by making it interesting, the box will be a pleasure to track down.

5. Post the GPS coordinates and instructions on Bogley and write good instructions. If a member makes the effort, they should find it without too much difficulty. In your post with the new stash location, please include the picture of you holding the stash box with the Bogley shirt on.

Rules:
    You cannot win back to back.
    You must be a member of bogley.com to participate.
    You have 2 weeks to hide the box in a new location. However, the faster you hide it the better. This keeps the stash box in action constantly.
    Once you have hidden the box in a new location and posted the GPS coordinates on Bogley, you will then be sent your free loot.
    3 and lower - Intermediate Canyoneering: Technical canyoneering and climbing. Route may involve any combination of the following: Problem-solving. A basic knowledge of technical climbing. Rope and climbing hardware for single-pitch rappels and belays. Basic pothole escape techniques. Obvious natural anchors. Retreat up canyon will require ascending fixed ropes.
    B and lower - Normally has water with no current or light current. Still pools. Falls dry or running at a trickle.( can not place in a pot hole)
    NO R+ (R - Risky: One or more extraordinary risk factors exist that could complicate the descent. Solid technical skills and sound judgment are critical.)
    time III and lower - Requires most of a day.
    rappels under 150
    post what site and area you found the canyon on but don't tell what canyon it is example:http://climb-utah.com/SRS/index.htm

ratings from http://climb-utah.com/ratings.htm http://canyoneeringusa.com/utah/ratings.htm

Stashed again...

Alrighty the Stash has been stowed. The new coords are N 37 18 30.9 W 112 51 32.7
    We stashed it after a very long day and a long hot hike out canyon, so this one isnt too incredibly hard! The picture is from where we parked to stash it.
    Good Luck and ENJOY!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    Alrighty the Stash has been stowed. The new coords are N 37 18 30.9 W 112 51 32.7
    We stashed it after a very long day and a long hot hike out canyon, so this one isnt too incredibly hard! The picture is from where we parked to stash it.
    Good Luck and ENJOY!!
    Sweet. We need to update the map.

here's the updated map

Viewing on a mobile device? Click this link to open the map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=200816175362728047597.0004b94bc8fd2c99ebb2d&msa=0&ll=38.822591,-111.159668&spn=7.110776,9.876709

Picked it up this weekend. Story and pictures forthcoming tomorrow evening — haven't downloaded the pictures yet. It was on North Fork Rd, with a beautiful view of Zion. Didn't get a chance to place it yet.
    Last edited by bocajohn; 04-25-2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: I'm tired.

Quote Originally Posted by bocajohn View Post
    Picked it up this weekend. Story and pictures forthcoming tomorrow evening — haven't downloaded the pictures yet. It was on North Fork Rd, with a beautiful view of Zion. Didn't get a chance to place it yet.
    Sweet! Where ya thinkin' you'll hide it?

Welcome to Bogley!

Thanks for the Welcome! It was nice to stop lurking and actually say something!

Anyways, I was pretty excited for the find. The first time I saw this post the cache was in Moab. I saw it on a sunday morning, the day after returning from Moab. So, saw it in Zion, and grabbed it.

I'd hoped to place it the same trip we grabbed it - after hiking Spry we headed down to Vegas, then on to Havasupai, then planned to loop around to Page and maybe do a hike in Cedar Mesa or the Escalante. But Havasupai was beautiful. We trashed the loop plans, braved the desert heat and hiked out in the evening. This left us only time enough to drive home the next day.

Future placement? Looks like the next two weekends I'll be in Zion, but I don't want to place it where I grabbed it. Might end up in a more northerly Utah location...

Quote Originally Posted by bocajohn View Post
    Thanks for the Welcome! It was nice to stop lurking and actually say something!

Anyways, I was pretty excited for the find. The first time I saw this post the cache was in Moab. I saw it on a sunday morning, the day after returning from Moab. So, saw it in Zion, and grabbed it.

I'd hoped to place it the same trip we grabbed it - after hiking Spry we headed down to Vegas, then on to Havasupai, then planned to loop around to Page and maybe do a hike in Cedar Mesa or the Escalante. But Havasupai was beautiful. We trashed the loop plans, braved the desert heat and hiked out in the evening. This left us only time enough to drive home the next day.

Future placement? Looks like the next two weekends I'll be in Zion, but I don't want to place it where I grabbed it. Might end up in a more northerly Utah location...
    Cool! I'll be interested to see where it ends up.

Placed!

Could be an easy grab for those headed down Hwy 6 this (or any) weekend. Take a quick, relaxing detour towards the Diamond Fork / Red Ledges areas. Cache is hidden by the Red Ledges, past the right side of the parking lot. Follow the fence line away from the lot.

Coords: N40

Lesson learned--don't slack on keeping up with the latest on Bogley.

We were just up to the Red Ledges this evening practicing our rappelling and then I come home and saw this.

If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll go back for this tomorrow.

Snagged it!!

This is one of my favorite spots up Diamond Fork and have enjoyed it since I was a kid.

Coords were spot on, I think within 10 feet, maybe closer.

Will place it soon. Still coming up with a good place for it. We may stash it in Utah County again, but we might be headed south in 2 weeks so we might just hold on to it until then.

Hiding spot as we found it.

My boys. Mom is home enjoying some well deserved peace and quiet on Mothers Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    Snagged it!!

This is one of my favorite spots up Diamond Fork and have enjoyed it since I was a kid.

Coords were spot on, I think within 10 feet, maybe closer.

Will place it soon. Still coming up with a good place for it. We may stash it in Utah County again, but we might be headed south in 2 weeks so we might just hold on to it until then.

Hiding spot as we found it.

My boys. Mom is home enjoying some well deserved peace and quiet on Mothers Day.

Awesome!!

Nice job dude!

Good to see this idea taking off. Pretty good thread so far and really enjoying it.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Updated the map. We'll see where its hidden next.
    Viewing on a mobile device? Click this link to open the map: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213347094909764048559.0004c014ce41fc60623ae&msa=0&ll=39.419221,-111.159668&spn=6.016135,14.293213