Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Find the Bogley Stash

Find the Bogley Stash

Viewing on a mobile device? Click this link to open the map: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208723876618129701582.0004cbf92c7add766c275&msa=0&ll=38.908133,-111.582642&spn=2.727059,5.817261

Instructions:

1. Find the Bogley stash and get free loot. You get a free Bogley t-shirt and cutout sticker, plus one other item in the stash box.

2. Put the Bogley t-shirt on and take a picture holding the stash box in the location that you found it.

3. Place an item (trinket) of your choice in the box for the next member to find. Perhaps place a sticker (from the local area) on the box to help decorate it. Leave the shirt in the box for the next member to use for their picture. Bogley will mail you a shirt in your size and a sticker.

4. Hide the stash box in a NEW location (anywhere) for the next member to find. Make it an interesting place, landmark, historical area, etc. It should be a fun trip and by making it interesting, the box will be a pleasure to track down.

5. Post the GPS coordinates and instructions on Bogley and write good instructions. If a member makes the effort, they should find it without too much difficulty. In your post with the new stash location, please include the picture of you holding the stash box with the Bogley shirt on.

Rules:

• You cannot win back to back.
    • You must be a member of bogley.com to participate.
    • You have 2 weeks to hide the box in a new location. However, the faster you hide it the better. This keeps the stash box in action constantly.
    • Once you have hidden the box in a new location and posted the GPS coordinates on Bogley, you will then be sent your free loot.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very cool idea! Would it be acceptable to hide it in a location that requires Bogley activities like rapelling, mountian bike, rock climbing, etc... Or are you thinking about keeping it hiker friendly?
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    Very cool idea! Would it be acceptable to hide it in a location that requires Bogley activities like rapelling, mountian bike, rock climbing, etc... Or are you thinking about keeping it hiker friendly?
    Good question. Maybe for starters, keep it out of a "permits necessary" area? We'll also have to consider the guests and lurkers on bogley may be looking for it too.

I think we keep it fairly easy to start with. Perhaps we have multiple stash boxes in the future and they have a range of difficulty.

I think this is a cool idea.. If you decide to hide it to start out by Tooele I have more ammo boxes than I can shake a stick at and you are welcome to one or two :)
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Plus, it would suck to have a super eager noob get hurt trying to retrieve it from Heaps, or to prove their extreme awesomeness standing in the community by placing it in Sandthrax. We'd hate to let the entire bogley community be blamed for encouraging dangerous activity just from the actions of one person.

We should probably start off having it retrievable by foot or vehicle access, then see if it branches out, maybe eventually have a canyoneering only stash.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    We'll also have to consider the guests and lurkers on bogley may be looking for it too.
    place it in the rubbish bin. only regulars will participate then

9. Likes Don liked this post
    Is there anyway to make to location hints viewable to only members? This would eliminate a lot of the guests and lurkers...

Quote Originally Posted by homerj View Post
    Is there anyway to make to location hints viewable to only members? This would eliminate a lot of the guests and lurkers...
    Good idea. Yeah, maybe we lock it down for members...

I got an ammo box from army navy surplus and @Sombeech dropped a shirt and sticker in the mail today for me. I will place the sticker on the box, the shirt inside and some other cool item! I think I will also put a laminated card inside with instructions...just in case.

Now where to hide it for the first time? Maybe this weekend...

Detail # 4 If you make it to easy it won't be that much fun.

I suggest when it's your find you stash well and post some tid bits just off the what 9' radius that a gps gives you.
    Example: cords + maybe something like 25 yrds off the north side of the big rock or? It is not on the other side of the stream or?
    For those that are following the treasure hunt online it just might reduce a lucky find by non members.

I have found 5 such stashes that were for young kids and not well hidden just by being in the area. Kind of cool with little plastic rings and stuff but also a ledger for dates and names but designed to go back to same position.

Just a thought.

By the way acca this reminds me that as soon as the snows melt and the roads dry a tad bit I've got some gas cans to rescue
    I might just need to get the cords from you. JK.

Now theres a prime example : If my bike had run out of gas and you had the cords I gave you and said it's about 25 yrds past this by North under a camo poncho overlooking MT Trumble School off the west side could you have found it? Maybe it may have taken a bit due to the camo but I'm sure if you needed the gas bad enough you would have had no issues in finding them.

Hoping you understand just what I'm try to due to make things interesting for all.

A little balance between lazy and interesting.
    LMAO and you thought I had no people skills. Folks I do not.
    However if there is anyone in my area that can help me learn this hole GPS thing I'm all kind of ears and hands on.
    Acca I love this hole idea and I hope it turns state wide.

Yeah I haven't done much geocaching, but how accurate are those coordinates usually? If there's a race to get the box, since the box will go with the "winner", will there be something left saying it's been found? I mean, besides the post on the forum with the picture saying it's been found, but what if there's a lapse. Maybe leave a trinket behind and it becomes just a regular geocache?

Getting closer...

Now where to stash it?

Isn't it all snowy up there? Better mail it to me and let me stash it for ya.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    Isn't it all snowy up there? Better mail it to me and let me stash it for ya.
    We might start a "stash" program. Get an ammo box...yadda, yadda.

The first stash has been hidden. I wanted to go some place really cool, but didn't have the time and actually the object was just to get the stash moving. Somebody else can take it to delicate arch or some other amazing place.

Here are the coords: N 40
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    if no one get's it I'll do it this weekend. I just don't want to drive down with a disappointed 4 year old who couldn't find the treasure

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Isn't @BruteForce always riding out in this area?

I haven't been following this thread, but that area isn't too bad. Go a little further West (Lake Mountain) and your Civic will not survive!

I'm heading past that area on Sunday (en route to Cherry Creek / Desert Mountain). If its not grabbed by then, I'll get it.

Edited to add: Am I to take the entire container or leave it there?
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Heading after this one now. A night adventure!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce