Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arizona (Jan. 2012)

REDFOX This just a thought but from the sounds of things you may want to keep an eye out for the XR 400 while your looking around. The motors are well known as being bullet proof and they have more than enough grunt to get the job done. From what I hear they make great trail bikes while still able to rip it in the desert. Just a thought

Another great bike is the KLX/DRZ 400. I forget what years but they are one and the same in certain years with a great reputation and plenty of spunk.
    The KLX is Kawasaki and the DRZ is Suzuki. I believe for a few years they came off the same line and are an exact match.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    REDFOX This just a thought but from the sounds of things you may want to keep an eye out for the XR 400 while your looking around. The motors are well known as being bullet proof and they have more than enough grunt to get the job done. From what I hear they make great trail bikes while still able to rip it in the desert. Just a thought

Another great bike is the KLX/DRZ 400. I forget what years but they are one and the same in certain years with a great reputation and plenty of spunk.
    The KLX is Kawasaki and the DRZ is Suzuki. I believe for a few years they came off the same line and are an exact match.
    Agreed. These would be much lower in maintenance and a great bike to get you back into the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Agreed. These would be much lower in maintenance and a great bike to get you back into the sport.
    IMHO, nothing will be lower in maintenance than a 2T. They are so easy to work on and everything is so cheap. The only issue is that new riders don't do well with the instant power delivery of a 2T 250. Like I've said before, I'd go 250 four stroke or 150 2T.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

The ride looks awesome. Had I known you came down to Mesquite we could have tried to make it up. We went for a 40 miler out at Nelson and had a blast. Really good weather. Then we did an 18 mile mtn bike ride on sunday.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

<br />
    <br />
    IMHO, nothing will be lower in maintenance than a 2T. They are so easy to work on and everything is so cheap. The only issue is that new riders don't do well with the instant power delivery of a 2T 250. Like I've said before, I'd go 250 four stroke or 150 2T.
    Redfox, I think you should get a crf450f, I know where you can get one for a good deal.

Im looking at an 08 Suzuki RMZ450. It's fuel injected. I found a pristine 3 hr bike in Riverton for 3995.00. I want to buy it, but funds won't allow it right now.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Vids?
    I have some footage, I just haven't had time to mess with it. I'll get something put together soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Redfox is no rookie when it comes to riding two wheelers. No doubt he could handle a two stroke 250 or four stroke 450.

I had a brand new XR400, had it for 2 years and all I can remember is two years of trying to kick start that piece of crap.

I'm having so much fun with this YZ250 I will likely keep it even after my new four stroker arrives

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal View Post
    Redfox is no rookie when it comes to riding two wheelers. No doubt he could handle a two stroke 250 or four stroke 450.

I had a brand new XR400, had it for 2 years and all I can remember is two years of trying to kick start that piece of crap.

I'm having so much fun with this YZ250 I will likely keep it even after my new four stroker arrives
    Nothing compares to a yz250! I love mine. They are simply a blast. Mine kicks on the first try probably 98% of the time. It's all in the jetting.

I was under the impression he was new. If he's not, then by all means get something more powerful. It's just that I've seen new people get into way too much bike and getting hurt in the process. It's just that the newer 4 stroke 450's are absolutely pure power! My 2t yz250 has tons of power, I don't know what I would do with a 2t 400 or 500 cc machine. I've rarely felt like I needed more power.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpecialized View Post
    Redfox, I think you should get a crf450f, I know where you can get one for a good deal.
    I will be hitting you up on that good deal soon !

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    Im looking at an 08 Suzuki RMZ450. It's fuel injected. I found a pristine 3 hr bike in Riverton for 3995.00. I want to buy it, but funds won't allow it right now.
    Buy it ! and then Justin can ride the wr450

Well OK now I got out and collected My gas cans and Sure as sh+t I found some bald BasTu*s hat. Chete, Garbanzo?

Well OK now I got out and collected My gas cans and Sure as sh+t I found some bald BasTu*s hat. Chete, Garbanzo?
    Not this bald guys.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX View Post
    Buy it ! and then Justin can ride the wr450
    The guy told me it had no more than 3 hrs on the bike. Imagine his wonder as I inspected the flat spots on his chain. HMM, sandpaper chain slider? I think not. Anyway, I didn't care for the bike. A little to timid on the power delivery.
    I have a local race tech that wants to build me a bike from the ground up. I'm thinking I may go with that. Looks like it's time to start a new thread.

Oh my Gosh
    After that beautiful loop and all. Now he wants more power.
    Sorry bro I just could not resist.

That said I'm about to sell the best bike I've ever owned. Not one hiccup from her just a real heavy girl.
    So when the spring thing hits up there let me know and I'll put her on the market with great regret.