Thread: Hurricane Pizza Wagon

Hurricane Pizza Wagon

This is the pizza wagon in Hurricane - hands down the best pizza in the area and totally worth the trip if you are a pizza lover. It's right on Hwy 9, in the Coral Cliffs 8 theater parking lot. Generally open Wed - Sat, noon - 8pm, but weather can shut 'em down (especially wind) so send them a text or something to make sure they're open. More info: http://goo.gl/wxZJU

Attachment 50745

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Pretty good pizza... more of a flat crust!

It appears the dining area might be a little lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by mattandersao View Post
    Pretty good pizza... more of a flat crust!
    Yes, they make a Napoletana(ish) style pizza with a thin, light crust. Crispy on the outside, tender inside. Yum. I'll post a pizza pic next time I go- (hopefully tomorrow :)

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    It appears the dining area might be a little lacking.
    what? lacking in great views? sweet sandstone seats? the windswept ambiance of Hurricane and a friendly family biz? not!

:)

If I'm eating there, I usually sit on some large sandstone boulders nearby (some not pictured). Very sturdy.

Drove past this on Saturday, noticed the oven. Couldn't eat before the ride though.

Damn, I remember having doubted whether to get one or not during my last stay in Hurricane... I didn't. I hope they are still there in May. I'll be back then and check it out to see if you Americans can make real Italian pizza's...???

Hanks enthusiasm does give me high hopes! His culinary preferences have impressed me before hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by maarten.1975 View Post
    Damn, I remember having doubted whether to get one or not during my last stay in Hurricane... I didn't. I hope they are still there in May. I'll be back then and check it out to see if you Americans can make real Italian pizza's...???

Hanks enthusiasm does give me high hopes! His culinary preferences have impressed me before hehehe
    Maarten, you're gonna like 'em. Especially the Margherita (best choice there). As to the Whiptail, I'm not sure what the future holds, post-John. He will be greatly missed.

There is a great Pizza Cart in Cedar City too. VERY similar stuff. Look in front of ACE hardware thur-sat.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maarten.1975 View Post

Real Italian Pizza? They have Pizza in Italy, too?

When it comes to America, everything transmogrifies into something much more American, with some of its original attributes intact, and some not.

for Pascal: Quattro Formaggio

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post
    As to the Whiptail, I'm not sure what the future holds, post-John. He will be greatly missed.
    Uh oh - what did I miss? I love the Whiptail!!

I haven't tried the pizza in Hurricane but the thin crust in Cedar was really good!

Kev, John died a few weeks ago. He had partners but no one is sure what will happen there. He was the chef and very innovative.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Quote Originally Posted by Win View Post

Kev, John died a few weeks ago. He had partners but no one is sure what will happen there. He was the chef and very innovative.

Win
    Oh - this is sad news. The Whiptail has become a special place to me. I wish them success in this transition.
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Oh no! So sorry to hear that.

I hope the Whiptail is able to stay open and as good as ever. Sounds like there will be big shoes to fill in the kitchen. The food was incredibly good there.

Some good news: Whiptail Grill is open. We went for a late lunch on Saturday and the food was excellent.
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

17. Likes Don liked this post