Thread: Salt

Salt

Anyone getting emails yet? Hoping they go out soon so I don't have to deal with this craving uncertainty for much longer.

Looking desperate everywhere else thus far.

Phillip

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

got my e-mails recently and haven't bothered applying. maybe not so much because of pescimism of water flow, but recent shoulder surgery has me doubtful?

So you won a date in the lottery, Bo? If so, congrats. Sorry to hear about the surgery but I hope you recover well and soon.

I didn't receive an email either way. Sent an email to the river ranger and hoping for a response within a few days.

Phillip

I found out yesterday I won a date March 1st. This doesn't give me much prep time.

So, I spend most of my time either in a canyon or on the snow but not a lot of time on the water. I've never been on the Salt and after pulling the permit ( which I didn't think I was going to get) I have very little beta on the river. All I've really been able to find is what's out there on the commercial guide sites... Which isn't a lot.

Have either of you been on this river and if so, can you provide any beta? There will be 3 of us using a 14' oar boat. We intend on doing the full 58 miles.

I'm starting from scratch... How to locate the put in site? How many chances do I have to take out along the way? Locations of decent campsites? Average flow this time of year? How many days should I plan for? (I hear anywhere from 2-5) I'd like to narrow that down a bit.

I could really use all I can get. Anything is appreciated.

Thanks!