Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alex Smith. Really? Really

Alex Smith. Really? Really

Beleaguered, battered and booed for much of his career, the former No. 1 pick did the unthinkable, outdueling Drew Brees in a postseason epic to lead San Francisco to within one game of the Super Bowl

Great article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...12/1/index.htm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

He wasn't on the cover was he? The Curse......
    Life is Good

Not on the cover. There are a whole mess of 49er fans eating crow after this season...

The Curse.......
    Life is Good

that was the best final 4 minutes of any game i have ever seen!
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    The Curse.......
    With 4 teammates to share it with, it's only a 25% curse. C,mon Alex!!

They will beat the Giants.

I hope so. Alex has put up with a lot and it would be nice to see him succeed.
    Life is Good

Alex got raped by that dickuvacoach Harbaugh. It appears his attitude throughout the QB fiasco has served him well though:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/s...-ravens-012913
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Alex got raped by that dickuvacoach Harbaugh.
    I don't think so... Harbaugh's job is to do what is best for the team and Alex is the second best QB on that team...

That being said I'm a big Alex Smith fan and hope he ends up somewhere that his talents will be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I don't think so... Harbaugh's job is to do what is best for the team and Alex is the second best QB on that team...

That being said I'm a big Alex Smith fan and hope he ends up somewhere that his talents will be used.
    Love Alex, but have to agree.

FWIW: This Kaepernick/Smith deal is a deja vu of Brady/Bledsoe. That deal turned out great for Brady, not so great for Bledsoe.

As a Boise St. fan I spent many a year chewing my fingernails off when facing Kapernick. We would be sitting in the stands, all talking to each other about how any minute Kapernick was going to break one loose. Then sure s***, there he would go. Boise St. would have him down by 21 points, only to know he was going to bring UNR back. He just has that athletic ability to take it up a notch when the opportunity presents itself.

I hadn't lived in Utah very long when A. Smith was at the U so I didn't follow him that much. But from what I remember he was a smart qb and didn't seem to make too many mistakes. I just think in the NFL he got behind the eight ball early and when finally given the opportunity, got hurt, then a really good rookie qb got his chance to shine. It just seems like the jinx has been there from the start.

If Smith is going to get a shot at returning as a starter I think he's going to have to look elsewhere. These young qb's that can pass in the pocket, run when needed, and also run the Read/Option with precision are just too good to every return to #2 duty. Sucks for Smith and I don't know his contract details, but maybe he can push for a good deal somewhere else.

15. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tomertim View Post
    As a Boise St. fan I spent many a year chewing my fingernails off when facing Kapernick. We would be sitting in the stands, all talking to each other about how any minute Kapernick was going to break one loose. Then sure s***, there he would go. Boise St. would have him down by 21 points, only to know he was going to bring UNR back. He just has that athletic ability to take it up a notch when the opportunity presents itself.

I hadn't lived in Utah very long when A. Smith was at the U so I didn't follow him that much. But from what I remember he was a smart qb and didn't seem to make too many mistakes. I just think in the NFL he got behind the eight ball early and when finally given the opportunity, got hurt, then a really good rookie qb got his chance to shine. It just seems like the jinx has been there from the start.

If Smith is going to get a shot at returning as a starter I think he's going to have to look elsewhere. These young qb's that can pass in the pocket, run when needed, and also run the Read/Option with precision are just too good to every return to #2 duty. Sucks for Smith and I don't know his contract details, but maybe he can push for a good deal somewhere else.

Nailed it! My thoughts exactly.

Re: Alex Smith. Really? Really

People forget that Alex was a damn good read option QB at Utah.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Beleaguered, battered and booed for much of his career, the former No. 1 pick did the unthinkable, outdueling Drew Brees in a postseason epic to lead San Francisco to within one game of the Super Bowl

Great article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...12/1/index.htm
    Ahhh....now I see that the original post was a year ago. The Jan part threw me off. I couldn't figure out why my link-jinx was still in play. This article seems to have been removed from the web site.

Alex Smith. Really? Really

Classy guy. He'll be starting somewhere next season...

"Smith, the 2005 No. 1 overall draft pick, lost his starting job to Colin Kapernick this while sitting out with a concussion but has been professional at every turn and has continued to mentor his replacement.

In fact, coach Jim Harbaugh has indicated that Smith spends more time than he does coaching Kaepernick."

I just don't think the 49ers have it in them to turn the tide. Just like when they played against a good D in Seattle; get the jump on them early and ride it out for the W.

Re: Alex Smith. Really? Really

I just woke up from my nap.... did Beyonnce win? How many goals did she get?

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I just woke up from my nap.... did Beyonnce win? How many goals did she get?

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

F'in HATE Peeonsay.

The crowd control sniper should've taken her out before she hit the stage.