Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goblin's Lair

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post

No matter how well you think you know aplace, there is always room to explore, including in places you’ve walked right by for years. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[/FONT]
    It's funny you say that- we climbed to the top of the middle mesa in Goblin Valley last summer. Our route was only a couple hundred feet from the short entry slot to the Chamber/Lair. Even from our high vantage point we had no idea anything interesting was down there. Good story!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    On my website I called the route "Goblin's Lair" and the chamber "Chamber of the Basilisk"

http://climb-utah.com/SRS/goblinslair.htm

I asked Scott if he cared what it was called and he said it didn't matter much to him. Goblin's Lair was coined on the hike back to the trailhead.

Over the years Scott has shared many routes with me and many others (many of Kelsey's routes are from Scott). Anyhoo... he doesn't get anything in actual dollars that I'm aware of but he does get a membership from me every year.

The Canyoneering Comunity is lucky to have a guy like Scott with his large amount of knowledge and his willingness to share.
    Goblin's Lair was my idea!!! You're welcome! :)

Scott P said:
    This is true, but I should have talked it over with the kids first. They were a bit disappointed that it is going to be called Goblin’s Lair since they are the ones that came up with the Basilisk name. I know they would be happy if it could be called “Basilisk”. Before they came up with that name, I just called it the generic Goblin Slot.

Shy little Shaleigh spoke up to tell me how disappointed she was that this little gem wouldn't be known as Chamber of the Basilisk. I told her I'd been robbed of a few canyon names myself. It didn't seem to make it any better for her. My vote is with the kids -- Chamber of the Basilisk!
    Penny
    Last edited by penmartens; 03-06-2012 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Clarifying. Sill learning the site.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by penmartens View Post
    Scott P said:
    This is true, but I should have talked it over with the kids first. They were a bit disappointed that it is going to be called Goblin’s Lair since they are the ones that came up with the Basilisk name. I know they would be happy if it could be called “Basilisk”. Before they came up with that name, I just called it the generic Goblin Slot.

Shy little Shaleigh spoke up to tell me how disappointed she was that this little gem wouldn't be known as Chamber of the Basilisk. I told her I'd been robbed of a few canyon names myself. It didn't seem to make it any better for her. My vote is with the kids -- Chamber of the Basilisk!
    Penny

Visitors found this page by searching for:

goblin valley utah chamber of basiliskcoordinnates

Chamber of the Basilisk - Goblin Valley beta

goblins lair photos

goblin lair

underground goblin lair

goblins lair route

goblin valley lair first discovered

goblins liar directions

goblins lair slot canyon

goblins lair