Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BYU Football 2012

WAzoo and BYU is certianly one of the more interesting games opening weekend as most of the big boys try to pad their win column with a cupcake.

I love Mike Leach, but I'm afraid it will take him a couple years to turn the WAzoo program around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    BYU wins by 15 (the spread is 13) on Thursday. They go 10-2 and win their bowl game. No, I will not bet you. It is the pre-season and like I said before, every team is going to win every game based on pre-season hype.
    Who are the two losses?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Who are the two losses?
    Georgia Tech and Notre Dame. Yes, BYU beats Utah at Utah.
    Life is Good

Re: BYU Football 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Georgia Tech and Notre Dame. Yes, BYU beats Utah at Utah.
    ROFLMAO

Sent using Tapatalk

BYU Football 2012

We shall see! I'm hearing that prediction from quite a few of the media. I like that material for the Utes!

Prediction for Thursday, I don't think BYU covers. In fact, if WSU won the game, I would not be surprised. Oh.....and I did bet it....

Well, that was a loser.....

Unfortunatly, we will not see BYU against a more worthy opponent this week.

BYU looked really good against a quality oppenant. But that dropping 8 into coverage to hide a lack of secondary speed will get them beat against a team with a balanced attack.

Sent using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    BYU looked really good against a quality oppenant. But that dropping 8 into coverage to hide a lack of secondary speed will get them beat against a team with a balanced attack.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Or they were dropping 8 into coverage because of the lack of a balanced attack...

WSU looked worse than last year...

BYU looked good so far.

BYU looked pretty good on both sides of the ball. I don't know how much beating Riley Nelson can take over the course of a season. Also, getting into the red zone 3 times and coming away with 2 field goals is a bit troubling. My hunch is that the team will emphasize that this week.
    Life is Good

WSU looked worse than last year...
    I agree with Leach on this. They have some guns but the qb wasn't making his reads fast enough. That team can be dangerous if the qb makes quicker reads. My hunch is that they will get much better. That front line on D was better than I expected or maybe BYU's O-line was not as polished as I expected .
    Life is Good

I do think BYU was lucky in getting WaZoo right out of the gate with a new coach, new offensive and new defensive schemes. I don't expect a Mike Leech coached team to look this bad in October.

BYU Football 2012

I was just listening to "cougar sports saturday on KSL" and after the first game, the hosts have BYU picked to go 12-0.

I was just listening to "cougar sports saturday on KSL" and after the first game, the hosts have BYU picked to go 12-0.
    Oh wait, the season isn't over???
    Life is Good

BYU squeaked into the top 25 with a win over Weber State. Thoughts?

I am still withholding my opinion until after the next two games. It is always nice to have your team ranked but it really means nothing this time of the year. As stated on another thread, I am optimistic about my team. They looked pretty good but I don't think you can read too much from a win at home against Weber St.
    Life is Good

19. Likes accadacca liked this post

Ouch!!! That's going to leave a mark.... and BSU is up next on a quick turn around.

Sent using Tapatalk

22. Likes Bad Karma liked this post

BYU Football 2012

Not so much this week...