Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freeze Fest X

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar

Freeze Fest X

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    How was the trip? I bet the weather was unbelievable compared to recent years. Trip Report and pics please.
    Awesome. Nice and warm, incredible New Year's Eve Par-tay, Fun times in the Black Hole (not me, alas... ). Got a tad cold New Year's night, but...

2011 - HISTORY!

Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    This!

Man I'm bummed we couldn't make it. How were the conditions? Any dry canyons?

everything was dry. it was the warmest, most casual freezefest i've been to.

Freeze Fest X

Request for pictures and TR? Well, this was the best Freezefest ever (for me). It was my third Freezefest in a row and conditions were great this year. Almost all canyons were accessible, we saw just enough snow for gorgeous photos but not enough to make it difficult, enjoyed warm conditions in camp (it's all relative - I'm from Idaho), and a very mild black hole with just enough ice to make it unique to winter but with temperatures not so different from spring! Anyone who missed Freezefest MISSED OUT! We had a great time in camp and canyons were in great shape. Here are my photos on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=0f4fcef22d

Here's my favorite pic from Black Hole:
    Name:  1 [640x480]..jpg
Views: 880
Size:  55.3 KB

Can I put my order in now for similar conditions next year???

Here is a canyon report:
    Miss Piggy - It's worth remembering for next FF that Miss Piggy has very sunny, warm exposure mid-day and is a good Freezefest choice. We were all sweating in Miss Piggy. No water. We started around 10 AM. Hog road somewhat rough with some big ruts.
    Slideinide - shady and snowy, a bit of water but only calf deep, and we shuttled out of the bottom of Slidenide because we weren't sure if the slickrock exit would be snow covered and slick. Shuttle road very bumpy 4x4 but otherwise in good shape. No big ruts.
    Black hole - mild and fun. No log jams, low water levels, some ice in the more open sections but very little ice in the hole.

Pictures? Sorry, the first half are of the dog... The canyon pictures are from Middle Leprechaun on Jan 2nd. Ran into three guys in the canyon with the biggest packs possible!!! They thought they were going to camp or something in the middle of Lep??? Brought a tent, sleeping bags, etc... Needless to say they were a little worried about finishing the canyon. We helped them through the rest and I am not saying we rescued them, but they were very happy to see us... We also did Bridge on New Years Eve, Bernie should have them posted soon...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=40303a64b7

Quote Originally Posted by Audilard View Post
    Your links aren't working.
    They worked for me.

I think you have to be logged in to facebook for it to work

Facebook is going to be the death of all of us and I am as guilty as anyone. It is easier for everyone if the photos are posted here, been through this before. I wish there was an easier way to pull in the photos...

Quote Originally Posted by tcott View Post
    Awesome! What was that first canyon?
    --Cliff

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ilipichicuma View Post
    Great Pics.

Morocco. A sweet little canyon.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tcott View Post
    Blue skies and great weather. Looks beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by ilipichicuma View Post
    Like Tom said, Morocco. Great canyon. It was my friends first canyon so it was fun to see how NOT confident he was in some of the natural anchors .

So jealous yet happy that you all had such a blast. The pictures really tell a story of some fun times.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"