Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2012

Thanks for the pics and update. Very cool! I just renewed my season tickets last night. I'm ready to go!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/utes/54...-utes.html.csp

Blechen suspended the first 3 games of the season....... Ugh......

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/utes/54...-utes.html.csp

Blechen suspended the first 3 games of the season....... Ugh......
    Just heard that. Damn!

SALT LAKE CITY — Spence Checketts of 1280 The Zone is reporting that Utah safety Brian Blechen's three-game suspension for violating team rules is tied to failed multiple drug tests for marijuana use.

Citing anonymous sources with intimate knowledge of the situation, Checketts is also reporting that two other players face suspension and that Blechen is now under a "zero tolerance policy."

Utah senior associate athletics director Liz Abel said the university would have nothing to add to the initial announcement on Monday that read: "Junior safety Brian Blechen will sit out the first three games of the season (Northern Colorado, Utah State and Brigham Young) for a violation of team rules. Blechen will participate in practices throughout his suspension."

Blechen, who is scheduled to return to action on Sept. 22 at Arizona State, has been a major contributor on
    Utah's defense over the past two years — making 145 tackles and intercepting seven passes. He was named a Freshman All-American in 2010 and an honorable mention Pac-12 all-conference selection in 2011.

Junior Quade Chappuis now tops the depth chart as Utah's starter at strong safety. Junior Michael Walker and sophomore Terrell Reese are listed as the backups.

Sweet video!

Sent using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Iceaxe;506492]SALT LAKE CITY
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Um, I fail to see how smoking pot is gonna give him a distinctive physical advantage. If anything it would slow him down and render him a less effective athlete. Steroids however are a completely different story...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Re: Utah Football 2012

Youre right about the pot smoking and the steroids. However, Marijuana is an illegal drug. I know, I smoked it for years. What were we just talking about......? Hmm..... anyway, I was just commenting on the weak punishment handed down by WhIttIngham. I guess no one really kicks a dead dog anyway. As long he's there for the beating on Oct 4th, I'm good with it. :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Predictions for the game on Thursday night vs. Northern Colorado? How about the rest of the season?

The Utes will obviously win on Thursday and I have them picked to go 9-3. They will lose to USC, Washington and another team...

Who is headed up? Myself, @rockgremlin and @double moo will be there.

Some sports commentator predicted a tough fight for the Utes citing previous games Colorado had played against highly ranked opponents, and beating them. He claimed they spoiled several conf. championships (or something) over the past 3 years, and that they could very well walk away from Utah with a win.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Some sports commentator predicted a tough fight for the Utes.
    I hate it when folks make dumbass predictions because there is no downside.... if he really believes that horseshit he is selling then he should put some money on the game.....

Of course there is no betting line on this game because no sports book is dumb enough to take wages on the game.... but if anyone wants to back up a prediction with their pocket book I'll take Utah and give you 10 points.... no problemooo....

Would guess the line would be more like 28/30......maybe larger. We're talking about a team that hasn't won a game since 2010 and is 3-19 the last 2 years(7-37 over the past 4 years), against the Weber States of College Football. Weber was 11-11 during that two year span, to give you a team close to their talent level. Make no mistake, the team coming into SLC on Thursday is BAD.....REALLY BAD....not only a really bad for a FBS school, but they currently are ranked at the 97th(out of 122) FCS teams(the old 1-AA).....

I am just frustrated that I cannot get up to the game and at this point, can't even DVR it...... Hope DirecTV and the PAC12 Network can get their chit in a pile in the next 24 hours....

Utah did what they had to do, but will need to step up their game a bit against Utah State, who looked very good against an outmatched Southern Utah team.

I still don't know what to think of this Utah team. The opponent was so bad its hard to know. Utah State will be a better gauge. The QB was not very impressive for a PAC12 team, but the freshman QB was fun to watch but he has a lot to learn. BJ did a good job of calling the game.

Sent using Tapatalk

Yeah, Utah looked "okay." Not great, not bad. NC was horrible....

Playing to the level of the competition perhaps? I worry about the same type of game with BYU vs. Weber State next week. That I why I really don't like the cup cake games.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Playing to the level of the competition perhaps?
    I was thinking that too. Perhaps they didn't really want to look all that good...
    I sure like the potential of this kid: http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-fo..._travis00.html

I think they have a perfect ladder to October10th. The level of play increases incrementally. The Az State game on the road will really set things up if they can win.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2