Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2012

Re: Utah Football 2012

What a beat down!

Utah was still basking in the glow of the BYU victory and forgot to show up.

Sent using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Utah Football 2012

Worked...

Let's just chalk 2012 up to a "rebuilding" year. Their offense is discombobulated, the defense is a mess - where the hell were the Ute's secondary? AS's QB was throwing TDs and 1st downs at will. It was embarrassing. Here's how the remainder of the season will shake out:

Utes will go 6-6....

Oct. 4, vs USC: LOSS
    Oct. 13, @ UCLA: LOSS
    Oct. 20, @ Oregon State: WIN
    Oct. 27, vs. California: WIN
    Nov. 3, vs. Washington State: WIN
    Nov. 10, @ Washington: LOSS
    Nov. 17, vs. Arizona: LOSS
    Nov. 23, @ Colorado: WIN
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I'm worried about them carrying this one over the rest of the season similar to after the TCU lost a few years back. They never were the same team from that point on. Oregon State is looking pretty good this year so I think we're looking at another 3 straight losses at least. That might kill the season but at least we didn't lose the game 3 times last night.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Let's just chalk 2012 up to a "rebuilding" year. Their offense is discombobulated, the defense is a mess - where the hell were the Ute's secondary? AS's QB was throwing TDs and 1st downs at will. It was embarrassing.
    The problem with that is, they're not rebuilding.... They return 9 offensive starters and 7 defensive starters....not to mention both kickers.... I have no explanation for the defense last night, I still think it is a solid group, but they looked confused and unprepared.

Their offense....and I have been saying it for a while, is a trainwreck and has a 25 year old kid calling the shots.... Hell, half BYU's roster is 25...so are a few Utes I'm sure. Currently they are ranked 101st in the FBS in total offense.... If you take out the FCS school they played(Northern Colorado) and just looked at FBS opponents, it would be worse. The offense has scored about 15 points a game against FBS opponents, 17 if you give them the touchdown the D scored against BYU.

Last year Utah was in this same place 2-2(1-2 against FBS opponents). Their FBS opponents; BYU(10-3), USC(10-2) and Washington(7-6). The Utes were averaging 404 yards of offense and 23 points a game. You would think that a schedule that was close to equal, many may consider it a bit easier(Utah State for USC, Washington and ASU being even), Utah is averaging 282 yards of offense and 15 points a game.... SIGNIFICANT drop off and playing with 9 returning starters(granted, John White did not play against BYU, but that was a stinking win.....), what is the significant difference in this team....this year from last?

I REALLY hope they can right the ship, but this could be a long season and if things don't get better, I don't know how they can keep Brian Johnson at OC....

** I consider Jon Hays a starter, as he started 9 games last year and won a bowl game as their starter.

Utah Football 2012

Agreed. Oregon State could be a tough one on the road.

Oh...and to sum up those numbers, the Utes are down 30% in offensive production and 35% in scoring....with 9 of their 11 starters back on offense.

Any guesses as to what the final score will be tonight? Here's mine:

USC 49 Utah 6

The only silver lining I can identify is that USC will be so far ahead in the 4th quarter that Wilson will get some quality playing time versus a tough opponent.

Vegas has Utah as a 13 point dog.

I'll take the Utes and the 13 points. The Utah D will show up and its at home where Utah normally plays good ball. Utah also has the Stanford blueprint for beating USC and the players to copy it.

I can't wait for the kickoff.

Sent using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I'll take the Utes and the 13 points. The Utah D will show up and its at home where Utah normally plays good ball. Utah also has the Stanford blueprint for beating USC and the players to copy it.

OK then, USC 38 Utah 9

I agree, USC will cover the spread. Hopefully it doesn't get ugly.

Hoping that Utah can make it an ugly game and keep it close, which is possible..... GO UTES!

GO UTES!!!! Hoping for a fun one!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    USC 49 Utah 6
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    USC will cover the spread.

At least now we know why you two are bottom feeders in Fantasy Football.....

Vegas has Utah as a 13 point dog.

I'll take the Utes and the 13 points.

At least now we know why you two are bottom feeders in Fantasy Football.....

Hey Genius -- Let the record show that I predicted the outcome as well as USC's final score. If we were both in vegas putting cash down I'd be the one walking away the winner.

Utah Football 2012

USC would have covered until Utah scored in garbage time.

Garbage time started at about 7:15 of the 1st quarter. That first 8 minutes was fun while it lasted!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    USC would have covered until Utah scored in garbage time.
    Would of could of should of.... if you are betting the only thing that matters is the final point spread....

Now I have to decide how to spend the $100 I won last night.... should I let it ride on tonight's BYU/Utah state game or quit while I'm ahead...

Sent using Tapatalk

Would of could of should of.... if you are betting the only thing that matters is the final point spread....

Now I have to decide how to spend the $100 I won last night.... should I let it ride on tonight's BYU/Utah state game or quit while I'm ahead...

Sent using Tapatalk

Parlay them winnings on USU winning. Looks like Vegas has BYU a 6 point favorite. I'd take those odds.

I can get 7 points.... the part that scares me is you and acca agree...

LOL

Sent using Tapatalk