Thread: One of the best bowl game days ever!

One of the best bowl game days ever!

What a great day for college football games! I must say, it was a very entertaining football day today.
    Life is Good

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Agreed! It was a great sports weekend all around for me, starting with the Utes win, then the Giants finally securing their spot in the playoffs, followed by the Rangers winning the Winter Classic this morning and capped off with 2 great bowl games. Couldn't ask for more.

As a side note, wouldn't want to be the Stanford kicker right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    What a great day for college football games! I must say, it was a very entertaining football day today.
    x2

I watched the Rose Bowl and Fiesta Bowl, but were excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by skiclimb3287 View Post
    As a side note, wouldn't want to be the Stanford kicker right now...
    I feel sorry for the kid.... but part of that is on the Coach. Standford had two time outs and a minute of clock to work with and instead they burned clock and excepted a field goal attempt from a freshman. When Standford was doing that I told my wife "bad idea" that is a lot of pressure for such a young man. With Stanfords power run game they should have at least pound the ball up the midlle a couple more times, heck they were averaging 5 yards a carry.

Both bowl games were amazing and I hated to see any of the teams lose. I don't think the remaining bowl games will be as good as these.

Yeah, leaving it to a freshman kicker, twice.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Yeah, leaving it to a freshman kicker, twice.
    The second time they had no choice.... but the first time never should have happened.... watching the kid on the sideline I knew he would have problems..... Honestly I'd prefer to see my kicker over taking a few practice kicks and joking with his teammates. When they go off and sit in a corner like that kid did you just know the next kick is going to look like a lawn chair unfolding.

They did have a choice the second time...especially after he missed the first one.

Death wish to make him try again...

They did have a choice the second time...especially after he missed the first one.
    4th and 10 from the 25? Not much of a choice.... O State would have just went into a sticks defense and shut them down. I'm kicking and hoping my kicker has pulled his head out of his ass..... it was your best odds at that point in time.

I also think the second missed kick is part coaching. They let the kid go stew in the corner with his thoughts... Not a good deal... they should have coached the kid up.... told the kid to shake it off and get him loosened up because they were going to need him again.... you always need your kicker in OT.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Hey y'all......the best is yet to come! Saints wild card tonight and the BCS championship on Monday. Mardi Gras came to this city early! This town is rockin'!

Not necessarily in this order...... Win or lose - it will be a great time!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Lotta drinkin' tonight in the big easy...

Lotta drinkin' tonight in the big easy...

Yes indeed - there is a sea of red in the Quarter tonight. Bama - celebrating and LSU fans went home to cry in their beers, margaritas, hurricanes, etc.... I think someone replaced the LSU offense with "pod people". Defense showed up but were totally worn out by the last quarter since they never got to leave the field for more than 5 minutes! This just wasn't the 13-0 team we've watched all season and I feel badly that they didn't go out with at least a close scoring game.

Ouch!!! LSU got an ol' fashion ass-whoopin'

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Ouch!!! LSU got an ol' fashion ass-whoopin'
    Yep. Sad end to such a stellar season. Offense decided not to play. My heart goes out to the players who've done so well all season only to have it remembered for last night's game.

On a bright note (for Luzianna people), the last time Bama won the BCS championship, the Saints won the Superbowl.