Thread: Timelapse: Echo Reservoir 12-30-11

Timelapse: Echo Reservoir 12-30-11

Tried out my new GoPro 2 in timelapse mode a few days ago. Nothing too interesting but I think I'm going to really like this new toy!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/vid...51088629285316

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I tried to embed the video from Facebook by pasting the url in the "Insert Video" popup but it didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

I had to remove the "s" from the https url, that might be it. I think the mod must not work in the secure mode of facebook.

very nice.... I have done a few like this, this year too... however I haven't got me the gopro2 yet

I set the GoPro 2 to take a pic every 30 sec in timelapse mode and got 467 pics before the battery died so almost 4 hrs.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

I haven't tried every 30 seconds I put mine at 3 seconds.
    yours seemed to pan a little but only durning part of it, what did you do to make this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by wes242 View Post
    I haven't tried every 30 seconds I put mine at 3 seconds.
    yours seemed to pan a little but only durning part of it, what did you do to make this happen?
    I used a program called LRTimelapse to do the panning effect. It works in conjunction with Lightroom 3.

awesome. pretty amazing the quality of that little gopro.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye008 View Post
    I used a program called LRTimelapse to do the panning effect. It works in conjunction with Lightroom 3.
    I have tried a little bit with lightroom for timelapse, but keep going back to my Corel Video Studio X4... I still need to learn more with Lightroom.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    awesome. pretty amazing the quality of that little gopro.
    I was really surprised also at the image/video quality. Especially coming from having used dslr's a lot.

I have tried a little bit with lightroom for timelapse, but keep going back to my Corel Video Studio X4... I still need to learn more with Lightroom.
    I have used Lightroom for the past 3 years or so for my photography work and about the past year or so for timelapse stuff.

I have tried lightroom a couple times but could never get into it. I been using Photoshop since I got my first DLSR back in `03 But back then I learned to use Capture One for the Raw Files, now I just use the CS5 Raw when I need it.
    Do you make timelapes in Lightroom with Raws, or do any batch edits on the stills before turning it to a video? I been trying to get into videos this past year and trying to find the best way to make the color look right and videos sharp.

I have tried lightroom a couple times but could never get into it. I been using Photoshop since I got my first DLSR back in `03 But back then I learned to use Capture One for the Raw Files, now I just use the CS5 Raw when I need it.
    Do you make timelapes in Lightroom with Raws, or do any batch edits on the stills before turning it to a video? I been trying to get into videos this past year and trying to find the best way to make the color look right and videos sharp.
    I started out using Photoshop but when I got the hang of lightroom I moved to using it almost exclusively. One of lightrooms strong points is being able to edit and then sync those changes to hundreds of photos almost instantly. I usually shoot timelapses in JPEG only because of file size. The gopro doesn't shoot in raw. I always tweek my timelapses in lightroom before putting them into a video.

Not sure if there is a PC program but I found a cool program called "Time Lapse Assembler" that works nicely with an iMac after they have been edited in LR. (checked and looks likes it is just a mac program)
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders