Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: St George area Ride Jan 20-21

Perfect, You read my mind. I'll get a third can and I plan on heading out tues. or wed. to stash the three 5gln cans. Should work for us.
    I'll get a gps reading and write it down. x marks the spot and all that kinda of shit.
    Oh and 9:00am at the Ihop worked well last time for us.
    So if that's cool with all then 9:ooam at the Ihop Friday the 20th. That'd be 8:00 for all you boys down under:)

Ihop is on 3050 east down south a block or two from the Green Springs St. George exit. It is on the east side of the road.
    If anybody needs more info then holler and we'll get you dialed in.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Perfect. Thanks dood!
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

No. Thank You for the invite Garbanzo.

Now about Sat. ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    No. Thank You for the invite Garbanzo.

Now about Sat. ride?
    I'm waiting to hear from Nelson. He's not sure yet as to whether he's riding. If not, we can meet Acca's buddies down in Mesquite. Apparently, they're riding down there Saturday. If not, we will figure it out.

Cool -Sounds good and I'll just play it by ear for now.
    Oh and thanks for the help getting me close on the suspension. Got out yesterday and took the front to 16 out and keep the rebound at were you told me for now. Went to ten out on the rear and have not touched the high speed setting at all.
    I think I'll try to get out again today and may tighten up the rear just a tad more and see how see feels.

She's still a little loose in the sandy washes at speed but I think it's just me getting use to the lighter bike.
    When you rode the nelson hills and tightened up your rebound, Is this the rebound number you gave me or did you set it back after ridding the sand?

When you rode the nelson hills and tightened up your rebound, Is this the rebound number you gave me or did you set it back after ridding the sand?
    I was riding on my stock springs, but I was running 10 clicks out, then 12 clicks out at Nelson Hills. Being that you're in sandy conditions alot, you're going to have to deal with the stiffness. Unfortunately, there's no magic setting for both.
    I just stiffen both top and bottom of forks 2 clicks when I hit sandy areas. The front tire plays a huge role too. Stiff sidewall, less pressure and Vice Versa.

Perfect, You read my mind. I'll get a third can and I plan on heading out tues. or wed. to stash the three 5gln cans. Should work for us.
    I'll get a gps reading and write it down. x marks the spot and all that kinda of shit.
    Oh and 9:00am at the Ihop worked well last time for us.
    So if that's cool with all then 9:ooam at the Ihop Friday the 20th. That'd be 8:00 for all you boys down under:)
    While you're out there, why not pre-run some of the loop(s)? Just a suggestion. Anything to help keep you riding!

Yeh I was thinking something of the same. Least that way I can get an idea of how that climb up Navaho trail is. I'm sure it's not that bad.
    I think the gas stash will have to be up there anyway. Trees and rocks, The bottom land is very barren over by the Mt. Trumble school and there is a few scattered farmers. (kids with atv's).
    It would really suck to get out there and think we're ok on the gas thing only to find out different.
    Besides then you'll be to far in and have to ride it.:)

I did get a bit of a scar today. Got in over my head as I so often do.
    Hit a single track close to home while trying to put the finishing touches on the suspension and had to make a climb up a trail with a cliff on one side and no hope of getting back onto the trail on the other side. Forgot it had a 2' ledge while coming down it. Went to go back up later and did a wheel stand at the same time took out a scrub bush with my right foot.
    So here I am holding on for dear life with one foot off, In a wheelie with just inches to spare and another 50 yrds to go.
    How I did not gover the cliff is anybody's guess but needless to say I milked it for the next 6-7 miles.

It was one of those kind of trails that if you stalled, There was not enough trail to stand on the side of your bike and back it down and no room at all to turn around.
    Ahh the lessons that need be learned might just kill me.
    It was one of those hair pin turns at the bottom that only can be handled in first gear then climb baby climb.

But like they say in Golf- I'd rather be lucky than good.:)

Boys, unfortunately I'm out. Not going to be able to make it. A few too many things going on. But jarrod and I are going to be able to sneak away for a few hours to ride Nelson. So at least I'll get my fix!

Next time!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Boys, unfortunately I'm out. Not going to be able to make it. A few too many things going on. But jarrod and I are going to be able to sneak away for a few hours to ride Nelson. So at least I'll get my fix!

Next time!
    No worries. Family first, riding second. It's always hard to say riding second.

Sorry to hear that nelson.
    Will be looking forward to the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post

Next time!
    Bummer. Where would you suggest we ride on Saturday of the options you mentioned. You said you did 62 miles from Coral Pink to Mt. Carmel. Think we could find that. Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Bummer. Where would you suggest we ride on Saturday of the options you mentioned. You said you did 62 miles from Coral Pink to Mt. Carmel. Think we could find that. Any other suggestions?
    I'll post up tomorrow the GPS and maps for the elephant butte loop. I still think you guys should go to Coral Pink. It's really good riding, think logandale with more slickrock and better, high speed, winding trails.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

nelsonccc, Is the mail Drop on the east end of this Elephant Butte?

I would be interested in the coral pink loop.

I agree. Nelson, Get us some more info on the Coral Pink loop.

Scouting proposed route

Went to clarify fridays route and I'm glad I did.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Temple Trail Sign= N36*44.748' W113*17.992'
    I ran into issues with closed gates north of here. The gates look like you can just open them but in the middle they are wired tight. Like 20 wraps in a figure 8 the twisted for good messure.
    No big deal we'll just use the Colorado City cut off trail from the River Road route. May want to move the stagging area to here as well.
    Gas will be close on this one and I have stashed it and will give cords by PM. We will be cutting it close. The CR500 may need some extra help to get to stash.
    The bottom roads are wide and fast but the roads up on the Hurricane Cliffs are a moto xers dream. no rocks and all dirt baby. Fast with turns and just enough rutts to keep you on your toes.
    Very sceenic on top in the sagebrush country up high. And yes Acca there is some snow around LOL.
    Mt. Trumble School House is on the way and the roads down low are very dusty so remember to bring filters for the next days ride.

some snow? no it can'y be

snow?