Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: St George area Ride Jan 20-21

@ acca I can get us to the rim of the Grand Canyon.

Oh Great- nelsonccc is shoot me for sure now.

No worries mate- the snow is coming.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yeah true, without plates we would get busted for sure...plus the snow thing.

If you guys are okay with dirt roads then we can put together some great loops out on the Arizona strip. If you stick with the smaller 4x4 fire roads you can have a lot of fun. I'm not opposed to a day at Warner or a longer trip out of st George.

There's a loop I do out of the back of bloomington up onto the hills overlooking the gorge. Then we can swing east on some pretty sweet roads and make a big loop. A don't think there will be any snow up there. There wasn't a few weeks ago.

There is some absolutely superb riding available at coral pink sanddunes. With one exceptional 40 mile loop. It even crosses the east fork of the virgin a few times if we're not afraid to get wet. In my opinion it's some of the best riding this time of year in southern Utah. It's very similar to logandale except a little bit more wide open and lots more sandstone.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Are you Vegas boys going to ride both days with us or just Saturday?

Maybe one day around the Arizona strip or Warner and the other day on one of these longer scenic rides your talking about.

No dunes please. Dirt, rocks, anything but sand dunes. If I need a flag and a paddle tire, I might as well sell my bike. Just sayin.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    No dunes please. Dirt, rocks, anything but sand dunes. If I need a flag and a paddle tire, I might as well sell my bike. Just sayin.
    I've been to coral several times and never ridden the dunes. There's sand but it's in long sweeping 4 wheeler trails. No flag and no paddle. I'll see if I can pull up some pics from my last trip out there.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Are you Vegas boys going to ride both days with us or just Saturday?

Maybe one day around the Arizona strip or Warner and the other day on one of these longer scenic rides your talking about.
    I didn't know you guys were riding both days. Friday and Saturday? I'll have to see.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

@ Garbanzo- What ever you decide, It's your invite.
    The one thing I know for sure is that ridding with you boys I will get pushed beyond my comfort zone.
    But I'm looking forward to this ride.

I went out yesterday for a ride towards the Temple Trail on my bike and got turned around.
    After I got home and looked it up in Google Earth I realized were I messed up. I should have gone south when I passed the High Power lines.

Maybe having me take gas out there might not be such a good idea
    I think planning any trail ride should be left to the guys with experience.
    Lunch at the parking area is sounding better all the time.

Besides I have no front light on this bike and I really what to make it back in one piece if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    If you guys are okay with dirt roads then we can put together some great loops out on the Arizona strip. If you stick with the smaller 4x4 fire roads you can have a lot of fun. I'm not opposed to a day at Warner or a longer trip out of st George.

There's a loop I do out of the back of bloomington up onto the hills overlooking the gorge. Then we can swing east on some pretty sweet roads and make a big loop. A don't think there will be any snow up there. There wasn't a few weeks ago.

There is some absolutely superb riding available at coral pink sanddunes. With one exceptional 40 mile loop. It even crosses the east fork of the virgin a few times if we're not afraid to get wet. In my opinion it's some of the best riding this time of year in southern Utah. It's very similar to logandale except a little bit more wide open and lots more sandstone.
    These sound like great options. I am trying to talk my old man into coming down. @double moo is coming and maybe another friend. We might have a trailer full of orange headed south. This is from last year when the 4 of us rode around Mesquite.

Mesquite, NV to St. George, UT

Mesquite, NV

beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Sand country is a hole different game after a couple days of rain. Turns are more fun and ruts just seem to vanish with a little throttle.

OK KIDS, let's make this easy (especially on me!). MTN SEEKER: Plan and post the Friday ride. Make it a full day and you decide where we are going. NELSONCCC: Plan post the Saturday Ride. Same thing. This way, we get the Northern boys to some new areas. We will be ready whenever, just name the time and place to meet. If you want to meet for breakfast, I would suggest 8am, or 9am if we are just meeting at the trailhead. Let me know if this works for you. Just pick any ride you want to do and we will go with it. Please. Hey, I said Please!

Are you sure Garbanzo?
    I'll ride what ever you want and to have the slowest guy set one day may be, Well ugggly.

Here's one I found on motoutah that looks good and it has an interactive map with gps cords of tracks? ( motoutah.com/forum/9-ride-reports/118294-warner-valley-new-years-weekend )

Name:  6636553211_8f7dcf1&#1.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  120.2 KB

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I am sending a link to this invite to my friend for her to pass on to her husband. Janet and Chris moved from Glenwood Springs this past summer to open Russo's NY Style Pizza (they are also friends of @abirken). Anywho Chris rides and I don't think he has had a chance to ride his bike since he moved here. Partly cuz their place is really taking off and he doesn't know the area well enough to know where to ride. Not sure he will be able to make it but I will remind him Friday when I see him.
    Chere'

just trying to figure things out

Viewing on a mobile device? Click this link to open the map: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <kml xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2" xmlns:gx="http://www.google.com/kml/ext/2.2" xmlns:kml="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
    <Document>
    <name>KmlFile</name>
    <Style id="sh_ylw-pushpin30">
    <IconStyle>
    <scale>1.3</scale>
    <Icon>
    <href>http://maps.google.com/mapfiles/kml/pushpin/ylw-pushpin.png</href>
    </Icon>
    <hotSpot x="20" y="2" xunits="pixels" yunits="pixels"/>
    </IconStyle>
    </Style>
    <StyleMap id="msn_ylw-pushpin70">
    <Pair>
    <key>normal</key>
    <styleUrl>#sn_ylw-pushpin500</styleUrl>
    </Pair>
    <Pair>
    <key>highlight</key>
    <styleUrl>#sh_ylw-pushpin30</styleUrl>
    </Pair>
    </StyleMap>
    <Style id="sn_ylw-pushpin500">
    <IconStyle>
    <scale>1.1</scale>
    <Icon>
    <href>http://maps.google.com/mapfiles/kml/pushpin/ylw-pushpin.png</href>
    </Icon>
    <hotSpot x="20" y="2" xunits="pixels" yunits="pixels"/>
    </IconStyle>
    </Style>
    <Placemark>
    <name>Untitled Placemark</name>
    <visibility>0</visibility>
    <LookAt>
    <longitude>-113.7096728498909</longitude>
    <latitude>37.47223137134345</latitude>
    <altitude>0</altitude>
    <heading>0.04112706999715824</heading>
    <tilt>0</tilt>
    <range>686.6206545741179</range>
    <gx:altitudeMode>relativeToSeaFloor</gx:altitudeMode>
    </LookAt>
    <styleUrl>#msn_ylw-pushpin70</styleUrl>
    <Point>
    <coordinates>-113.7108928037799,37.47231451903037,0</coordinates>
    </Point>
    </Placemark>
    </Document>
    </kml>
    arrrggggg.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    Are you sure Garbanzo?
    I'll ride what ever you want and to have the slowest guy set one day may be, Well ugggly.

Here's one I found on motoutah that looks good and it has an interactive map with gps cords of tracks? ( motoutah.com/forum/9-ride-reports/118294-warner-valley-new-years-weekend )

Name:  6636553211_8f7dcf1&#1.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  120.2 KB

Its up to you. As long as you're comfortable doing so. I have ridden this area (love the shelf section at 4:00min). I have done that a couple of times. I'm not sure I would find it again very easily, but if we could get a map of the loop, we could enter it into a gps unit. Think about it. I'm good with heading SE until we get lost, then find our way back.

Well up on my post 54 the first pict. if you open it it does give a gpx file but I'm at a loss how that all works yet.
    I did try but i am having a hard time with this beta vs. mac thing. I'm just a Dam Romper Room Drop Out.
    But then again maybe I'll stash some cans out south east. Any idea as to how much fuel we may need and how many riders that may need it? Guess if we know there is 10 glns. out there and decide we need more as the ride time comes we can always come up with something to make it work out.Or maybe it's time for another 5 gln can. Yeh that's what I'm thinking right now.
    That shelf area at 4:00 mins I've hit it just below to the south the other day going west. It dropped me back onto the big whoops trail that follows Pierce wash on the south side back to the Fort.

If you have time to stash 10 - 15 gallons in that area, that's plenty. I'll bring some 2 smoker oil for those who may need a mix. That's easy. There is a lot of area out there, so let's just know where the gas is, and get lost otherwise.