Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: St George area Ride Jan 20-21

If a man is to do the iron but this is the ride to do it on boys.

Man that's nice. When most Harley's are ready for a rebuild the BMW's are just getting broke in................................................ ................................

And if you have the balls you can get to the Grand Canyon at about 120mph. And if you own a harley it will be a puck inside the first 60 miles to the grand canyon by dirt.

My dream is to take a GSA to the tip of south America and up to the top of the world all inside the seasons-one yr. Nice and slow and meet the peoples.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Oh yeah. I've put 60k on this bike...

This was fun last year...3500 in 9 days: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56133

Winna muck yu what a dive. To dam funny.
    WOW I have no idea how I missed this one.

Everybody should do a ride like this at least once in their life time.
    It tends to teach us a lot about ourselves.
    Could not have picked a better place to go acca.
    Good times and good friends mean everything next to Family.
    But sometimes a guy needs to get out and about.
    Thank You for sharing.

OK now back to my small and well small dirt biking world
    I'm looking forward to seeing my riding buddies and looking forward to meeting the new.
    I did put together some take me home stuff as you may recall but am a little disappointed the boys from down under can't make it. Life goes on. They can get theirs when they get together with the rest.
    Sounds like Jared is out for a spell with a new addition to the Family.

I think we can find by trial and air the mysterious Elephant Butte/East Fork of the Virgin if we try.
    nelsonccc did mention that it is the biggest roads in the area. That helps some.

I think I'll dabble into the ATV sites and see if I can get lucky in the morn.

And yes I'm envious over your ride of rides.
    Good job acca. Bet you can't weight to doer again.

It's important that a man can get out from time to time and push himself a little as well as the fresh breath of air it gives oneself.
    These things need to be done from time to time to keep harmony.

But too few understand the hard work that must come first.

OK good news first or?
    I found the yellow jacket rd. Good news
    Bad news is I found it on a 1997 topo. so how knows just what roads have be closed since then.
    Good news is I have been dropped of in the middle of no were many times under darkness ( thanks uncle sam)
    Bad news it has been more than 25 yrs. since I had to use a compass to intersect and resect.
    Good news is I still own a compass.
    Bad news is this is doable but does take time and I need to be in location, Maybe.
    In order to intersect and resect.
    Good news is there only seems to be a limited amount of hill tops.
    Bad news is when using Google earth my parking area is way off of what I thought originally.
    Good news is I do own a gps, A really nice little Garmin gpsmap60csx.
    Ok you can see were this is going and the gps is of no help to my Romper Room Drop Out education
    If I can figure out a way to do a basic overlay somehow this will be easier.

The info that nelson gave us works on the topo but I will need to pinpoint some features before I can convert anything over to usable digital data.
    I'm not sure if I can convert messurements enough to do a POI on Google Earth.

The scale is 1:100,000 with contours at 50 meters.anything 1/2 mile south of the dunes is off my topo. By State park bounderies as of 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    OK good news first or?
    I found the yellow jacket rd. Good news
    Bad news is I found it on a 1997 topo. so how knows just what roads have be closed since then.
    Good news is I have been dropped of in the middle of no were many times under darkness ( thanks uncle sam)
    Bad news it has been more than 25 yrs. since I had to use a compass to intersect and resect.
    Good news is I still own a compass.
    Bad news is this is doable but does take time and I need to be in location, Maybe.
    In order to intersect and resect.
    Good news is there only seems to be a limited amount of hill tops.
    Bad news is when using Google earth my parking area is way off of what I thought originally.
    Good news is I do own a gps, A really nice little Garmin gpsmap60csx.
    Ok you can see were this is going and the gps is of no help to my Romper Room Drop Out education
    If I can figure out a way to do a basic overlay somehow this will be easier.

The info that nelson gave us works on the topo but I will need to pinpoint some features before I can convert anything over to usable digital data.
    I'm not sure if I can convert messurements enough to do a POI on Google Earth.

The scale is 1:100,000 with contours at 50 meters.anything 1/2 mile south of the dunes is off my topo. By State park bounderies as of 1997.
    I have the starting point and area map for both on my gps. That's all we need. It'll be fun either way.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

I just sent the actual garmin and gpx files to Garbonzo. If you other guys PM me your email addresses I can send them to you too. I also have the Garmin GPS 60CSX. It's super easy to load up and then turn it on when riding so you can see if you're in the right spot.

parking spot
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    If you guys still manage to get lost after all of this work I've done for you then you're bunch of idiots.
    Oh that's already proven...