Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: St George area Ride Jan 20-21

St George area Ride Jan 20-21

We are planning a 2 day ride St George on Jan 20-21 (Fri-Sat). So far, myself, Double Moo, Accadacca, maChete and one other are planning on coming down (pending schedules, permission and such). Plan on meeting (both days) at the IHOP restaurant at 275S Green Springs Dr in St George at 9am. We haven't decided exactly where to ride as of yet, so any suggestions are welcome. I would like to try out towards the AZ strip off the end of Washington Fields road (SouthEast) of Warner Valley. I know MtnSeeker will show, and I appears that BlakeC and friends will be there at that time, so we can hook up with them if they'll have us. LET"S RIDE!!!
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm in. South east of warner you say?

The red line heading south is about 31 miles from parking area by the water tank.
    The green is a 75 mile loop that looks like it will take you up on the cliff and south then back off the cliff and back around to the red line route. This green route is the Navaho Trail or part of anyway.
    It would be about 136 miles if no mistakes are made in navigation:). Looks like big roads with maybe some tech. getting up and down the cliffs. I have not road this myself.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I wouldn't mind doing a longer ride one day. That's the type of riding I used to do...200 mile loops.

Although I don't have quite the range on this bike...

This is the area I was talking about, and I agree on doing a longer ride. The only issue is fuel. I have the capability of carrying an additional two gallons (2 one gallon plastic tanks) on my rack, but that won't help everyone. If we can abbreviate this route, that would be cool. Maybe 100 miles? Or we can figure out a way to carry more fuel. Keep looking at it and see what you can come up with. I really like this area, I just haven't been out that far yet.

You don't drink water. Lets fill your Camelbak bladder with fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    You don't drink water. Lets fill your Camelbak bladder with fuel.
    I don't need water for these pansy 15 mile loops that we've been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I don't need water for these pansy 15 mile loops that we've been doing.
    Come on, they're at least 16 miles. And don't forget your Airbox panel tool this time!! Geez, do I have to carry all the tools?

KTM extended range tanks...

That's 5 liters total add... or 50 plus miles!

Laugh all you want. It's cheap fuel storage for the occasional longer distance ride. I wrecked hard 4 years ago (broken pelvis, ankle, and dislocated shoulder) while having extra fuel strapped on like this - bottles were unharmed... and tape still holding them in place - I wish the bike had fared as well as the fruit juice bottles!

[QUOTE=
    Laugh all you want. It's cheap fuel storage for the occasional longer distance ride. I wrecked hard 4 years ago (broken pelvis, ankle, and dislocated shoulder) while having extra fuel strapped on like this - bottles were unharmed... and tape still holding them in place - I wish the bike had fared as well as the fruit juice bottles![/QUOTE]

You scare me a little.

Oh Hell Yeah, Were there's a will there is a way
    And the way I see it we can ride what ever you boys want. I mean I can ride this area when ever I want but for you guys coming down from the great white north and all.
    I do think nelsonccc (sir never falls less you see him fall) is going to be pissed at me. I think he's trying to put together a Grand canyon over nighter on this weekend. I have been hounding him for months on this one.
    I did however try to get him to push it up for a Full Moon experience. But I think that is this weekend coming up. It's almost like committing to two rides at the same time. BUT this one was set in concrete first so I'm in.

If you decide to do a big ride out here one day I could always take the truck out and stash a couple of 5 gln high octane cans somewhere along the route and fetch them back up later. Course if there is anyone on a two smokey we would need some additional info to make that happen.

I could always leave a note that this gas is for a group in long distance moto desert training. Lmao.

The little Mt Trumble School House is about half way.

Good idea. That ride might be kinda fun. I haven't done it since '05: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19578

Snow? Not if the weather stays the same...

Man I dig those old Suzuki SP's haven't seen one of them in years.
    OIL injection man have bikes changed.
    But yeh we can always come up with a plan when I live so close to the area.

The snow thing is pointed towards nelsonccc and I think Kelly Point is were he is talking about if he's coming out of Gold Butte.
    Which by the way could be a great trip with a little light gear camping.
    He is kinda of talking the same weekend of Garbanzo's envite, But I was pushing the good weather we have now in high hopes of talking him into doing this under the full moon this weekend. I mean come on it is the Grand Canyon and should be seen in the pale blue light of the full moon LOL.
    Makes for good camping memories and some photo ops.

Hit an area west of warner with a different view today. 360 degree views.
    Top Left- Zion in the fold above the sand dunes that flow over the cliff.
    Top Right-The new highway that serves the airport- the new mx track is just behind the white sand area over the hwy.
    Bottom left is the area south east of were I parked and is in the direction of the School House but you can see the poiunt of Seegmiller towers.
    I parked west by southwest of the Black Rock pictographs and road over to the route that goes in the back side of the Fort Pierce Wash. Big ass whoops with quick turns and other obsticles enterlaced.

There is so many roads and trails out here that I will never explore the half of them.
    Makes the country bigger than it truly is.

Enjoy it while I can but in 5 months it will be so dam hot I'll be crying for a little Paiute Trail stuff or maybe American Fork single Track or?????????
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    Enjoy it while I can but in 5 months it will be so dam hot I'll be crying for a little Paiute Trail stuff or maybe American Fork single Track or?????????
    Skyline Trail from Ogden Canyon to Mantua, Utah. Farmington Canyon, Utah. Malad, Idaho. Highline Trial from Fish Haven, Utah to Soda Springs, Idaho. Lots and lots of really good Mountain rides for sure. American Fork is certainly a favorite.

I'm looking to see if Jarrod wants to come up. I'm interested! Though now I'll have to move my dirtbike overnighter trip to another weekend.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    Skyline Trail from Ogden Canyon to Mantua, Utah. Farmington Canyon, Utah. Malad, Idaho. Highline Trial from Fish Haven, Utah to Soda Springs, Idaho. Lots and lots of really good Mountain rides for sure. American Fork is certainly a favorite.
    The way this winter is going probably ride most of those this week. Where is the snow. I want to snowmobile.

We absolutely need to get the Southern boys up here this summer for a 2-3 day ride. We will Map out some killer loops. I'll get my wife to cook us all some kick ass Mexican food! I'm betting that might be the hook.