Thread: Calling All GJ Canyoneers

Calling All GJ Canyoneers

I am looking for canyoneers living in Grand Junction. It seems like there are getting to be quite a few of us in the area. It would be great to get together and slip out to the desert for some canyons or to meet locally and practice some skills.
    In the past, I have used the No Thoroughfare area for practicing rappelling, ascending, and anchoring.
    My season runs from Sept to May and I try to get out 2-4 weekends a month. Is anyone interested in some outdoor fun that we like to call canyoneering?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sending you a PM.

Penny is awesome. Mighty kind of you Penny to venture into the wasteland of Bogley and make that offer. Wish I lived in GJ.
    Life is Good

FWIW: Many of the Salt Lake canyoneers first became acquainted by holding a party/social event at Doc Rosen's house about 12 or 13 years ago. It was mostly a pot luck dinner, meet your canyoneering neighbor, type of thing. That was the first time I met many of the Utah canyoneers who have since become good friends.

Anyhoo.... food for thought...

"Wish I lived in GJ."

Thanks, Scott.
    The invite is open to anyone who wants to canyon. I just thought it would be easier to organize with my neighbors.

A potluck will have to wait until warmer weather. For now, we will have to settle for pizza at Kannah Creek after an afternoon of skills practice on the Monument.

Wish I lived in...OH wait, nah, but I'm close. If you guys venture this direction, it would be fun to hook up and have some practice sessions sometime. I need to get out and socialize a bit.
    Jared Hillhouse
    North Wash Outfitters LLP.
    Twitter: @North_Wash
    N.W.O. on Facebook
    "Great Adventure Buddies Make It Happen"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Penny is awesome. Mighty kind of you Penny to venture into the wasteland of Bogley and make that offer. Wish I lived in GJ.
    Penny is not only a class act but an accomplished canyoneer as well. For those around Junction this is a great opportunity to gain some skills from a veteran. Wish I lived in GJ!

Aw, shucks. Thanks for the kind words.
    A couple people have responded privately and it looks like a trip for MLK weekend is forming.

+1

Hey Penny, heard you were looking for me before. Was just cruising some of the old posts and came across this one. I'm not free the MLK weekend, but would definitely be down for some canyoneering this winter/spring. Have wanted to do Granary and Dragonfly in Moab for a while.

Will send PM.

Adam

I would like to come sometime. It's nice to get out of Craig every once in a while. I actually go to GJ on a regular basis.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Scott,
    Let me know when you are out this way, we'll see what we can put together. It looks like a nice little group is forming out of GJ.
    Penny

I've thought about trying the whole canyoneering thing before, but so far have not got around to it...
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

I am a GJer. Actaully headed to Moab Sunday is the weather cooperates if your intersted. I will send you a PM with contact info.

count me in some days !!!

GJ canyoneers rock!
    We are headed out again this weekend. Who knew they would be such hardy winter souls?
    Penny

I'd be interested in doing something next weekend.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.