Thread: Fivemile Pass (Dec 2011)

Fivemile Pass (Dec 2011)

I had an awesome time and boy were the skies blue! There was 6 of us that got together. We did two loops and I really enjoyed it. It was chilly at times, but for the most part I was sweating. R.M.C. President @Garbanzo got a flat via snake bite. We changed that and did our second loop. Maybe @Garbazo will post a short video of the ride?

What a great way to start the holiday weekend. I even traded @fourtycal for part of the second loop and rode his YZ 250. What a blast!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Man, Is this the same front tire he keeps getting flats with?
    Yes the skies do look very blue indeed.
    Looks like a great day to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    Man, Is this the same front tire he keeps getting flats with?
    Yes the skies do look very blue indeed.
    It was an awesome day for riding. For the record: 2 flats in 200 hrs of riding. I'm not complaining. Just gotta learn to ride with more air in it!!
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Yes sir if they only made tubes as tuff as tires.
    And only two flats in 200 hrs of riding is not too bad but no flats would be great. You know how that goes.
    What kinda air pressure are you running?
    I run mine as low as 14lbs and wonder if I should up it to maybe 18 on the front for the more rocky stuff.

I'll be looking for some video.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    Yes sir if they only made tubes as tuff as tires.
    And only two flats in 200 hrs of riding is not too bad but no flats would be great. You know how that goes.
    What kinda air pressure are you running?
    I run mine as low as 14lbs and wonder if I should up it to maybe 18 on the front for the more rocky stuff.

I'll be looking for some video.
    I usually run 18 lbs in the front, but this tire is extra soft. I could not ride it flat. It had no sidewall carcass at all! I had to sit on the back fender rack (spare tank) and ride slow.
    We fixed it and ran it at 24 lbs. I couldn't tell much difference. I'd say if it's a stiffer sidewall (IE Maxxis) you can run a lower psi. For the soft tires, pump it up! IMO anyway.
    Nice photos. Nice looking bike. We are planning a trip your way on the 3rd or 4th weekend of January. Keep an eye out for the invite in the next week or two.
    Oh yeah, and carry tools and a tube on every ride. I keep blowing it off, and then look what happens.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Yeh I hear you. Them thar tubes are not light and hard to find a place for. I have noticed that a 21" front can be used for a rear in a pinch.
    They tell me that a trials tire will get you back to the truck flat or not.
    I'll be heading out late morn to see if I can find a certain single track in the Warner Valley that Scott was asking about.
    I'm pretty sure I can find this one if I head in the same direction as the vid. Wish me luck.
    I don't think there is a chance in hell that I'll miss anything going on down here if it is a ride.
    Looking forward to it and I have a little something for you all when you get here. I can only hope that you'll like it.

By now I'm pretty sure you have seen my bike before. As a matter of fact I know you have. I'll get into that at a later date.

Anyhoot Merry Christmas to all and to all a good ride.

We had 5 of us this week. The weather was fantastic! I only got one photo, but @Garbanzo should have some great GoPro footage.

Looks awesome, wish I could have made it.

Man them Honda's are always out numbered yet they are such reliable sons a guns.

A short clip of @Garbanzo behind me going through a canyon back in December. Good times!

Nice.
    Now I know why Garbanzo gets his cheeks cut with roost
    Small price to pay to get footage.

I "try" to take it easy and not roost when someone is behind me. Some of you guys haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Yes sir that's me. I've been chasing everyone for so long I forget just what it's like when your behind a BRPiggy. OOOPS