Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In search of Garbanzo's ST. George single track

In search of Garbanzo's ST. George single track

I tried but could not find it.
    Seems it is all for mtn bikes now maybe.

So I ended up way west of there and found some great but short riding all the same.
    Headed south of the Jacob Hamblins Home across the Santa Clara River for some single and dbl track stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Short day getting a feel for the new bike.
    Well new to me anyway.
    Not really a good riding area but it is 5 min. from the house.

And it's alway's fun to explore anything new.

One more pict.
    Pine Mtn. in the distance looking north east.

Note the fancy kick stand.

Dam that ride needs some graphics

Nice looking bike. Yeah graphics would make it look newer! You need to find the good trails so we can ride them next time.

Like, where is this?

From the looks of the back grounds I think it is Warner Valley.
    When we ran into the DNR Jeep and turned right (west) I think this is the one that drops off the east side of the cliffs. In other words if we would have went east (left) I do believe we could have hit it.
    I think that in this vid he is hitting it from the bottom by the pump house and riding up to the top.

I'll head out there soon and verify.
    Oh and the new graphics are on plastic but I let them cure in the warm house so I just have to bolt it together now. Except for the swing arm and air box covers. I'm not sure if I should leave them alone or go ahead and cover them.

I got to warner today and did find the (Shack Single track, Part 1 by the same oufit (Suaco0907) Southern Utah Adventure Center.

Haven't found the Cholla single track yet but did find the start of one that looks extreme. Switch backs and dbl s turns at the edge of a cliff then it somehow crosses the cliff back into the bottom of a cyn. and back across the other side above those cliffs. Way too risky for this noob to be trying by myself. I have know idea were it dumps out.

I'll keep looking for this Cholla trail. These guy's are a little protective of their sources cause of the business they are in. GO figure.

[MAP]http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=36.957435[/MAP

RED= THe Shack Single Track
    Blue=1/4 to turn off for a possible single track just east of the fenced area to dino tracks
    Green=A possible route to the top and back around to the shack or run in reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    I tried but could not find it.
    Seems it is all for mtn bikes now maybe.
    What single track are you looking for? I assume you mean from one of my posts. Let me know, and maybe I can shed some light.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

@Garbanzo. The one with your video by the Bear Poppy area. (MOTO FUN IN ST. GEORGE)2-21-2011
    North and west of I believe.
    I tried to enter from the west but they have put up fences that are marked Red Rock Reserve or habitat maybe.
    I may try going in from Bloomington off of Navaho dr. I think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    @Garbanzo. The one with your video by the Bear Poppy area. (MOTO FUN IN ST. GEORGE)2-21-2011
    North and west of I believe.
    I tried to enter from the west but they have put up fences that are marked Red Rock Reserve or habitat maybe.
    I may try going in from Bloomington off of Navaho dr. I think it is.
    I thought that might be it. You're right. It's North of Bearclaw and runs between Santa Clara and Bloomington

Hey thanks Garbanzo.
    I think I'll take a little ride up by the water tank above the golf course (Sun Brook?) and see what the signs tell me.
    Looks like there is a parking lot just before the tank with a gate from what I can see in google earth.

We found this trail today ( at least parts of it). We made it to the trailheads of many of the mountain bike trails that are closed to motorized. Covered a lot of ground. I've ridden in this area 4 or 5 times and not known about these short single track sections. What a blast!!!! I'll post some footage when we get home.

Tomorrow were in Zion's with the family and then going to try and find some single track towards laverkin on Monday.

Happy new years!!!!!

http://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/LezNq5QJ6Y
    Here is a link with a highlight that shows were I went. There are many roads leading to the canyon, so see what you can come up with. At the top of the canyon, there is a technical rock climb that goes north. The rest of my ride was on the Santa Clara side going North along the ridges. Good luck and let me know what you find.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    http://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/LezNq5QJ6Y
    Here is a link with a highlight that shows were I went. There are many roads leading to the canyon, so see what you can come up with. At the top of the canyon, there is a technical rock climb that goes north. The rest of my ride was on the Santa Clara side going North along the ridges. Good luck and let me know what you find.
    `

I thought most of this area was closed? Isn't that where Barrel Roll and some other mtn bike trails are? When I grew up in this area all the trails over there, including Bear Poppy, where all great dirt biking single track that all eventually got closed. A few years ago I went in search of open singletrack over there and ran into closed signs everywhere. The signs in this area have probably simply been removed.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

PS. The new bike looks great. Are we still on for an overnighter/ dirt biking trip in January? I'm putting together now the final touches on the route and distance. We need to select a weekend!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Well what do you, the man from back east is alive But then again If I was in NYC for the new years I would not be ride ready for a week or two
    And oh a HELL YES but I best bring my trusty gas piggy on this one.

Blake C Glad to see you having fun in the sun. Temps are great down here right now. 60's is always fun.

And it sounds like I just need to looky a bit harder as this single is still open.

Grand canyon ride jan.

nelsson,
    How about 20-21 or maybe sooner if we can catch the full moon would be great for a over nighter.

Nothing like camping under a full moon on the edge of the Grand....
    Weather pending

OK the next full moon is on the 9th but 7- 9 will do just fine LOL.

I know it's not the 2-3 week but is something to think about.

Yeh I love this new to me bike. She is fast, nimble and very light and has a built in camera on the race plate to captures all the offs weather they admit it of not. LMAO
    JK