Thread: Unsubscribe from Bestbuy email

Unsubscribe from Bestbuy email

10 business days???? What is their process for unsubscribing people?

Or maybe it's because some emails are already in transit and they can't call the truck/train/airplane/boat to turn around and return the email package.

Name:  unsubscribe..png
Views: 1621
Size:  22.0 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Too funny, I actually encountered this same issue with Target when I was helping them optimize their DB. But by giving themselves a 10 day window and leaving you on their mailing list, they can "pad" their numbers for the end of a fiscal year and look better stat wise. But I doubt they will mail you again. I don't know the numbers for Best Buy, but I do know that Target would remove around 10,000 people per day. So if they could get an extra 100,000 emails on their mailing list, then investors get a better quarterly report for advertising. And again this was a year ago, who knows what it is now.

But yeah, it's retarded. It just flips a 1 to a zero in their database and could be done instantly, but now they put a delay sub-routine into it. Actually makes it way more complicated on my end, I imagine they pay way more in salaries working around this bug than they actually generate in revenue. But hey, that's corp thinking, and it isn't supposed to make sense. I've even encountered customers who do this for their "Do not call" lists on predictive dialers read " outbound telemarketers". So someone calls and asks to be put on their "Do not call" list and they want me to make it so their name doesn't pop up or call the customer again, but they want to delay removal of the number for "processing" of up to 10 days. So I have to put that customers phone number in a special processing "purgatory" where it spirals the drain for 10 days and is then finally processed but doesn't come up on any agent lists and they accidentally call them again. All so they can look better for investors and seem busier than they are.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Ah, that makes sense. Stats have huge monitary value to them. I'll bet this time of year the numbers grow like crazy from all the online deals. They just made it sound like they need to send the request via carrier pigeon and then have a Temp enter the info on a typewriter, then mail it back for approval.

Don't even get me started on their convenient store pickup option

On the other hand, props to jigsaw2order.com for delivering my puzzles from Malesia to Connecticut in just two days right in time for Christmas Eve.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"