Thread: Best Matting & Framing Place in SLC

Best Matting & Framing Place in SLC

Hey peeps

As a Christmas gift I'd like to take a photo and enlarge it, matte it, and frame it. I've done this myself before (which is a helluva lot of work), and I've also had someone else do it for me (which turned out in disaster bcuz the photo ended up bubbling and the matte separating from the photo after about a year).

So....where's the best place for mattin' and framin' in your opinion? Can I email them an image and give them a matte color and them turn out a quality product?

Appreciate any input...thankkkkks!!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

No love for you on this thread. Maybe it should be moved to The Dark Room?

I have framed a bunch for myself and to sell and Alpine Mat Company does them for me. They don't have much of a storefront which keeps prices down. They supply a few of the frame shops I think. I bet they could get it done for you in time for the 25th as long as they were in the office. Located about 3300 S. 200 W.

235 Plymouth Ave # 4 South Salt Lake, UT 84115-4359
    (801) 486-1191

By the way, I woke up this morning to two different 'Daily Deals' emails related to framing. Half off The Framing Establishment and half off Commercial Art and Frame (more with code DONNER until 3pm today). Good luck.

https://bigdealutah.kostizi.com/MicroSite/776

http://www.citydeals.com/commercial-...20111218-utslc

I am looking for a place to matte and then frame a photo. I would like to do it like the one in my office (shown below) that was taken and given to me by @rockgremlin

This deal by "The Framing Establishment" looks to be valid until April (I think) for 50% off and its near my house. I have never had it done before. What color would you suggest I use for the matte. I have heard that you should use the second or third most dominate color? How much will this cost to print, matte and frame in a similar size and setup to the red rock photo? The picture that I'll be using is from Banff, Canada on my Beemer!

Name:  IMG_3341..jpg
Views: 237
Size:  33.4 KB

That's some quality work right there on yer wall!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I am not familiar with retail framing prices but they should be able to give you a quote over the phone. Just say what size the print is, how thick you want the mat (2-3 inches around is normal) and tell them you want a simple thin black frame. Alpine Mat Company will do the same thing for you and may be cheaper than The Framing Establishment even with the 50% off. Framing seems to be marked up a ton.

Also, try MPIX. They are online and I have had many prints done through them. I have always been impressed with their quality, pricing, speed and packaging. I also have a friend who has done framing and was happy. See screenshot for a few examples (2 sizes and 2 different frames) of what it would cost including the print. Factor in an amount for shipping ($6 for prints usually) or go through the checkout yourself to see how much it will be.

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-&#48.png
Views: 231
Size:  197.8 KB

Tks for the advice. I finally got it done at mpix. Turned out great!

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332897545.098833.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  37.6 KB

MPIX has done a GREAT job everytime I've ever used them.