Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grim forecast for us skiers and riders

Grim forecast for us skiers and riders

High in the upper 20's low 30's. Lows zero to single digits. And.... no snow in the fore cast for at least 7 days. Wah!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Dang, I'm itching to get up to Powder Mountain. I'm wondering if it will still be worth it to take a day off on Friday and just head up there.

Yeah, it is looking pretty dry until next week. Which has been the long term forecast since late November. Until this high pressure ridge moves, we are gonna be dry.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    it was nebz fault. karma is a bitch. sorry.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...7-2011!-Stoked!
    Your comments are way too funny!
    I can always see if we can schedule an outside concrete pour. That's usually a guarantee for precip.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    it was nebz fault. karma is a bitch. sorry.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...7-2011!-Stoked!
    I am not responsible for the weather. So it must be someone else's fault, not mine.

We got some heavy clouds this am. I don't expect much more than dust on crust. It still looks like a week before we get hit again. The back country is pretty much ruined from the 2 wind events. They happened right after and during the snowfalls.
    Looks like manmade snow and groomers for the next week. Gotta get the legs in shape for when the good stuff comes.
    "There are no friends on a powder day!" At least the 1st few runs.

All the snowflake ornaments got hung on the tree last night, snowmen put out, etc. Anything we could find to help give the signal to the snow gods. Hoping it helps...

Bogley is trying to do its part by having the artificial snow fall down.

We actually got about 3" yesterday. Who Knew? Gonna get away from the ski area this am and check out the pass. (Rabbit Ears) Try and find some powder turns.

Well we got another monster 3" this am. It did improve the area, but sheesh the whole west can use some help. Will be exploring off the backside of the area tomorrow, see what we can find.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Bogley is trying to do its part by having the artificial snow fall down.

The bad news is that this low snowfall (at least in much of UT and CO) is making a pretty crappy base. If it does start dumping after this dry period, avalache danger could persist throughout the season.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    The bad news is that this low snowfall (at least in much of UT and CO) is making a pretty crappy base. If it does start dumping after this dry period, avalache danger could persist throughout the season.
    Yeah, we already have a really weak crust layer under the little we have up there. It rotted for like a month on north facing aspects in October before it snowed again. I think we are going to have an instability all season for sure here in the Cottonwoods if we do not get some base building stuff in the near future. And unfortunately that future is looking pretty bleak at the moment.

I heard you guys have been getting some snow in Colorado. Here in Utah we have been pretty dry.

I just heard that at Alta, this winter is the 4th driest start on record.

We got a 7" snowfall overnite that basically got blown back towards you guys. 3 storms this year have ended up over the divide on the front range, and have created an amazing amount of energy. Each time we've gotten a steady east wind of 35-45 mph. EAST??? are you kidding me? The first storm had gusts over 100mph. The other two, 60-70 mph gusts. It's like, Here's your snow.... Oh sorry, time to blow it away! I'm sure it will get back to normal soon. I'm sayin, the sooner the better!

Just got home from Powder Mountain. Paradise Lift still isn't open but Hidden Lake is. Although the snow isn't too deep, there was plenty of fresh stuff up there.

Plenty of rocks and sticks exposed still.

Pics and video to come.

Looks like some flurries coming our way in the next few days. Wouldn't want to ruin a ridiculously dry December with an epic snowfall before New Years.

All I can say is kudos to the snowmakers at our area. According to many, They have given us the best in area conditions in the state barring Wolf Creek. Groomers were in great shape this AM.

Yikes, I'm glad I got a day on the slopes already, this looks nasty for the resorts for the next 10 days.

Name:  weather..png
Views: 1106
Size:  37.8 KB

Looks like I am going mountain biking!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.