Thread: DOCUMENTARY: Sons of Perdition / Damned to Heaven

DOCUMENTARY: Sons of Perdition / Damned to Heaven

just wanted to mention that this documentary is now available on netflix.

definitely worth seeing if you haven't already.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/So...7?trkid=496624

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

i just notice the Documentary "Damned to Heaven" has been uploaded on the web and is free to view.

this is a pretty intense documentary

LINK TO VIDEO

Damned to Heaven (2008)

Director/Producer: Pawel Gula & Tom Elliott | : Tom Elliott & Pawel Gula

Synopsis: Along the barren canyon lands of the Arizona Strip lies the remote polygamous community of Colorado City. The Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints, or FLDS, have thrived here for over half a century in perceived peace and harmony. Under the leadership of self-proclaimed prophet, Warren Steed Jeffs, have disturbing accounts of rampant emotional, physical and sexual abuse begun to emerge. Warren Jeffs serves a jail sentences in Utah. This is the story of some of the survivors.

downloaded it now to watch. Thanks for the link.

another for those interested ...

Colorado City and the Underground Railroad (2005)

In 2005, Phoenix television station KTVK and the station's senior reporter Mike Watkiss broadcast 'Colorado City and the Underground Railroad.' The hour long documentary was the most widely-viewed, locally-produced primetime news special in Arizona history. The documentary went on to win a regional "Emmy" and "Edward R. Murrow Award". The special pulls together dozens of Watkiss' reports on the practice of polygamy, the FLDS Church, and Prophet Warren Jeffs spanning more than three decades.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    i just notice the Documentary "Damned to Heaven" has been uploaded on the web and is free to view.

this is a pretty intense documentary

LINK TO VIDEO

Damned to Heaven (2008)

Director/Producer: Pawel Gula & Tom Elliott | : Tom Elliott & Pawel Gula

Synopsis: Along the barren canyon lands of the Arizona Strip lies the remote polygamous community of Colorado City. The Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints, or FLDS, have thrived here for over half a century in perceived peace and harmony. Under the leadership of self-proclaimed prophet, Warren Steed Jeffs, have disturbing accounts of rampant emotional, physical and sexual abuse begun to emerge. Warren Jeffs serves a jail sentences in Utah. This is the story of some of the survivors.
    Thanks for posting this link. I finally got to sit down and watch this last night - WOW!

I admit that I was naive to this subject, and I realize that this is unacceptable. We have driven through Colorado City and I could feel the creepiness of the place.

The concept of plural marriage does not offend me, it's the way the women and children are treated, indoctrinated, that I find highly offensive. There should never be an acceptable reason for sexual abuse!

I liked this line: This is not about freedom of religion, it's about freedom from religion.

For those of us that travel through this area, I think that it's enlightening to spend the time viewing this documentary.

Felicia
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

You might check this out? It seems that there is a major change taking place. Pretty scary! I've had several folks from there (Short Creek) come into The Rat in the past week or so looking for employment. Looks as though things might get a bit nasty (violence) in my opinion?
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...LDS-towns.html

Interesting Bo. I did not understand the "being kicked out" concept, but watching the film, I learned that ultimately the FLDS owns all the land and buildings.

This has all got to be very confusing to the children.

Sad.

Felicia
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden