Thread: Fun, intermediate, and dry canyons in Arizona?

Fun, intermediate, and dry canyons in Arizona?

My friend and I are looking for some fun canyons to do down south in Utah, or in northern arizona in about mid December to escape some of the cold. Can anyone suggest to me a few fun day canyons to do in the southern most Utah, or northern arizona regions?! Good rappels are a plus, and minimal swimming/wading is too. We just got back from North Wash this weekend where we did the left fork blarney, the right fork of Shillelagh, and morocco canyon. It was a blast, but we are hoping for a little bit warmer conditionsfor the next trip. Any thoughts or personal stories to share?

-Dan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Here is a great resource:

http://canyoneeringusa.com/shop/prod...cat=108&page=1

:-) Felicia
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan-wild View Post
    My friend and I are looking for some fun canyons to do down south in Utah, or in northern arizona in about mid December to escape some of the cold. Can anyone suggest to me a few fun day canyons to do in the southern most Utah, or northern arizona regions?! Good rappels are a plus, and minimal swimming/wading is too. We just got back from North Wash this weekend where we did the left fork blarney, the right fork of Shillelagh, and morocco canyon. It was a blast, but we are hoping for a little bit warmer conditionsfor the next trip. Any thoughts or personal stories to share?

-Dan
    Welcome to the Bog, Dan, and to our obsession - Canyoneering. North Wash is usually a pretty good place in winter, but...

There's some good canyons in the Marble Canyon area that might work for you, near Lee's Ferry. Todd's Arizona book has some, and Todd's Grand Canyon book has more. Stories? Plenty here on the Bog, and also try here:

http://canyoneeringusa.com/rave/blog0902/index.htm

Tom

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate the resource, and I will be buying that book shortly. It looks like a great tool. I am so, glad that people spend the time and energy to create amazing compilations like that book. As long as we can all respect the natural areas described and revealed therein, that is. I'm pleased that you replied to my post Tom. From what I've read, you are somewhat of a mentor around here. I've gathered that you are very involved with Imlay Canyoneering products. Is that correct? If so, I have been using the 60M 9mm Canyoneero, and it Rocks! Anyway. I'm excited to be a part of this forum.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Tom is just the box boy and head shipper for ICG.

But I've heard rumor, he has slept with the owner

Haha. Nice...it's amazing the strings one can pull with acts such as those.

Any specific canyons in the area? Rappels are good!

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Waterholes is the classic in the area, but the last part is not so "dry"...

http://canyoneeringusa.com/rave/0902wa/index.htm

Tom