Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Oh Dang! Beech is in Hospital - MTB Crash

I don't know how you can stand riding without gloves!

That looks like a really fun trail. Yet another great video from the master.
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bbennett View Post
    I don't know how you can stand riding without gloves!
    I had them in my pack, does that count?

"Just take Ibuprofen" HAHAHA! LMAO.

Glad to hear you're OK. That video of the wheel coming off gives me the willies!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

thx

I'm starting to think they didn't give me anything stronger because I'm in a different state? Maybe something about transporting narcotics between state lines? Sure I'd have a prescription, but after an attempt was made to FLY ME IN A HELICOPTER for 7 miles I don't take those folks too seriously. I think the whole community just didn't want to be the ones handling my situation, and yes that's a broad stroke of the brush.

I don't think it's too far off the mark bro. When I was a cardiovascular tech we would treat patients differently depending on if they had insurance or not. And we has 2 sets of prices. So if the patient had insurance the doctor would assign me to do an EKG-A (electrocardiogram version a) and if they didnt have insurance he would always assign an EKG-B (electrocardiogram version b) to the patient. Version A costed $800 and version b costed $50, but I would do the exact same proceedure to the patient. Also based on version A or B you immediately knew if you could assign multiple proceedures. So the version "A" patients you would check on them every morning and perform another procedure to make sure they were ok (completely unneeded to milk insurance and pay phat salaries). Version B you would only perform once and then only if assigned again. And if they were version "A" patients you were encouraged to assign other needed proceedure because their insurance was paying for it, so who cares. Version B patients tended to be be illegal aliens or very poor/elderly/drug addicts so it was pretty much assumed we would not be seeing a payment from them. but if we kept it as low as possible there was still a chance they might pay it.

It's the exact same thing at a dentist office. I recommend this to anyone. Go in for a root canal and tell them you don't have insurance. They will not do anything more than is needed and get you out of there fast. Then once you have the bill just forward it on to your insurance company. It's the first thing they ask when you go in so they know if they can stick you with a bunch of unneeded extra's.

Somehow by refusing the helicopter ride you got on the "B" list initially. So they treated you completely differently. After the initial checkpoint into the hospital, they don't change you up. Million people going through there and they don't have time for each person. But it bit you in the ass on medication/pain relief sounds like. :)
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

you picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel
    Name:  fine..jpg
Views: 279
Size:  35.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    *LIKE*
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Life is Good

With other words:
    If you have money, you get good medical supply and have to pay a bucket of bucks.
    Do you have no, or little money - you are the last one?

Wow, that is hard.

Here in Germany, there is an uniform medical reason-supply for all.
    But unofficially, it gives also class A and class B patients.
    Class A = private health insurance, class B = legal health insurance.
    Class A gets better medical care, pain-therapies, sickrooms, etc and has shorter waiting times.

Emergency helicopter-flights is freely for all citizens.
    The minute costs about 100 USD, according to expenditure also more.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    I don't think it's too far off the mark bro. When I was a cardiovascular tech we would treat patients differently depending on if they had insurance or not. And we has 2 sets of prices. So if the patient had insurance the doctor would assign me to do an EKG-A (electrocardiogram version a) and if they didnt have insurance he would always assign an EKG-B (electrocardiogram version b) to the patient. Version A costed $800 and version b costed $50, but I would do the exact same proceedure to the patient. Also based on version A or B you immediately knew if you could assign multiple proceedures. So the version "A" patients you would check on them every morning and perform another procedure to make sure they were ok (completely unneeded to milk insurance and pay phat salaries). Version B you would only perform once and then only if assigned again. And if they were version "A" patients you were encouraged to assign other needed proceedure because their insurance was paying for it, so who cares. Version B patients tended to be be illegal aliens or very poor/elderly/drug addicts so it was pretty much assumed we would not be seeing a payment from them. but if we kept it as low as possible there was still a chance they might pay it.

It's the exact same thing at a dentist office. I recommend this to anyone. Go in for a root canal and tell them you don't have insurance. They will not do anything more than is needed and get you out of there fast. Then once you have the bill just forward it on to your insurance company. It's the first thing they ask when you go in so they know if they can stick you with a bunch of unneeded extra's.

Somehow by refusing the helicopter ride you got on the "B" list initially. So they treated you completely differently. After the initial checkpoint into the hospital, they don't change you up. Million people going through there and they don't have time for each person. But it bit you in the ass on medication/pain relief sounds like. :)
    Such cynacism at a young age... sad.

Tom who took a shower before going to the hospital so they would not think he was a homeless person this time.

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Tom who took a shower before going to the hospital so they would not think he was a homeless person this time.
    Did it work?

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    "Sniff...sniff...oh heck, smells like that Napoleon guy again..."

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Did it work?
    Yes, treated much better this time. And they gave me the cheap drugs (muscle relaxant). Last time they gave me the drugs from the ER stash, and they were 88$ and didn't work noticeably - this time a different musc r that didn't work noticeably but cost 5$.

Go figure!

Tom

Thanks again for the well wishes everybody. I've decided to simplify the story and put it all together in one thread here:
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...my-front-wheel

I still think how my own outcome would have been different without a helmet. I KNOW I don't want to remember that event... Glad you're doing OK.