Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jolly Gulch Accident

First off I would like to thank God for letting Megan continue her mortal existence. I don't know what I would do without her. I would also like to send a special thanks to Ryan McDonald-O'Lear,Brandon Torres Therese Picard, JJ, Matt, Scott, Melanie, all her doctors,nurses and the many countless others that were part of her rescue, treatment, and support. Megan and I wanted to clarify a few things regarding the accident.

shagdeuce and/or Ray O

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Jake - Welcome to Bogley! Thanks for signing on and clarifying things from your point of view. Really glad that things turned out so well.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjake4386 View Post
    spinesnaper (Ken)- For your information she was ahead of me climbing, I was following her. But yes I do feel responsible for the accident and will be forever scarred.
    Jake

Glad to hear that both you and your girl friend are doing well. I think most outdoor guys have sandbagged a girlfriend or two before learning better. Not suggesting that was the situation for you and Megan. More just a general observation personally learned on more than one occasion under the category of painful lessons often times relearned. Some of us are slow learners.

Ken

"Jaxx- For your information Megan and I have grown significantly closer and are extremely happy to be together. This accident could have had a very different ending."

BigJake: Just for your consideration, a climbing accident brought me and my future wife together, now over 33 years ago. In fact the anniversary of her 200 foot fall sliding down a steep snow gully will be Christmas eve. I watched the doctors stitching up the gash in her scalp and quit counting after 40 stitches. We were just acquaintances at the time but one thing led to another and now she's been my climbing/biking/canyoneering/& every other sport companion since 1978. Guess she really "fell" for me.