Thread: Hiking the Wave

Hiking the Wave

Post managed by author.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

trailcam? is it mounted on a tree or something? solar powered?

Coolness. I like the close up shots.

I was lucky enough to get out there in the early 90s before they set up the bureaucracy.
    I met some Germans at Wire Pass that had come to see it. They told me it was real popular over there and a must see for them.
    We hiked out to it and there were at least 3 other groups of European photographers there.
    The word got out and then the permit system came in. It's a cool place, worth the trip.

looks like you had some clouds at least, but that might have washed out some color too. I made it there 2 times this year and both time there wasn't much for a sky till one of the afternoons. I met jdgibney there the first time we just happend to pick the same day. I took 3 Aussies there this year that wanted to hit it. Lucky they were able to still get a pass in all of that OCT screw up. They had to prove they bought flight tickets inbetween the good new and bad news times then the BLM honored them for us.. We were lucky.

The trailcam is mounted to a steel post. It's about 1/4 mile after the you come up the first hill out of the wash- off to the south side of the trail.

The permit system stinks, but after visiting it I can understand a little bit why the permit system is there.

Sweet pics, glad you were able to put them to good use!

Anyone know the web address of the cam?

My mom is in her late seventies and has had 1 heart-attack. Is this worth the permit and time?
    The ol girl is in better shape than I.

Seems like the last time I checked they had like a 3-5 month waiting period for a permit.

The cam is a trailcam- the kind used for scouting for deer etc. It is NOT a webcam- the pictures are not internet accessible.
    @Mtnseeker1 - send me a PM

Trail Cam? That's very interesting and a little disenchanting. But I guess it won't stop me from hiking with Blueeyes this February.