Thread: Snotel Data (snowpack %) for 2011-2012 now up

Snotel Data (snowpack %) for 2011-2012 now up

The snowpack percentages are now being reocrded and posted for the 2011-2012.

Easiest site for UT is on KSL and is from the SNOTEL sites:

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=134181&nid=149

Colorado SNOTELs and snowpack percentages:

ftp://ftp-fc.sc.egov.usda.gov/CO/Sno...pdate_snow.pdf

http://www.co.nrcs.usda.gov/snow/sno.../swe_time.html

Currently slightly below normal in both states, but not much. This latest storm should boost numbers.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Updated.

So far this year is nothing like last.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Updated.

So far this year is nothing like last.
    I did not expect it to be like last year. So far, it seems to be shaping up to be a repeat of 09/10. The long term charts back in August were showing that. We were just lucky to get the season we did last year. December 10th should move us into a better winter pattern.

I have decided that if anyone wants it to snow, I just have to plan a 14er trip. I was supposed to lead a climb of one of the Colorado 14ers Friday-Saturday.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...&FcstType=text

Looks "interesting":

Tonight: Snow likely, mainly after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values between -5 and zero. South wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Thursday: Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 15. Wind chill values between -5 and -10. Windy, with a southeast wind between 20 and 30 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Thursday Night: Snow likely, mainly before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -10. Wind chill values between -25 and -30. Breezy, with a south wind between 10 and 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Friday: Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 8. Wind chill values between -15 and -25. West southwest wind between 10 and 15 mph.

Friday Night: Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west northwest. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow likely. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 1. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Saturday Night: A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -11. Northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Sunday: A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 2. West northwest wind around 15 mph.

Sunday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -15. North northwest wind around 15 mph.

I can usually get some precipitation when ever I schedule a concrete pour.

Quote Originally Posted by powderglut View Post
    I can usually get some precipitation when ever I schedule a concrete pour.
    Wanna come pour some "crete" over here in the Wasatch?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nebz View Post
    Wanna come pour some "crete" over here in the Wasatch?
    The Steamboat ski corp may be calling us for a pour soon, if the storms keep dodging us.
    I hope to get up there this am to survey the wind damage. Trees down all over the place. The wind may have blown all the snow from Rabbit Ears Pass onto the ski area. (We should be so lucky). Relentless, huge winds out of the east, trees aren't used to that direction.